Explaining to my wife that this stuff really happens!

by gageandalex 14 Replies latest jw friends

• gageandalex
    gageandalex

I was disfellowshipped when I was 16 for playing sports, girlfriend, high school parties, etc. Basically the normal stuff 16 yr olds do. I was booted out of the house and bounced around to various family (all non-jw) until I went to college. The reason I had to go was because I had 3 siblings that i was going to influence, as the party line goes. I have lived a pretty good life on my own without my family since then, and although I miss my family, it is now easier to just blow them off than worry about them. My own defense system. I ended up getting married, having a son and divorcing. My family has a great relationship with my ex-wife and son, but not a thought about me. While going thru a nasty court case for child support/visitation, my family came up with all kinds of repressed memories, hidden criminal activities, and other quite atrocious things against me for my ex to use in court. Of course none of it made a diffrence since it was BS, but wondering how many other people have had this kind of thing go on. Background on my family- Mom does what she is told, dad(step) is an alcoholic who has been counseled several times about it, and made decent monetary donations, brother 1 never was baptized and kinda sits on the fence, brother 2 was baptized and got an elders daughter pregnant(her second, not disfellowshipped) and was disfellowshipped until he married her, sister is a housewife who was allowed to quit high school because it was too emotionally taxing on her, has admitted to three-ways, as well as other swinger type gatherings with other jws, but was real sorry and never DFed, accuses others of terrible things(repressed memories she learned about on tv) but happens to be married to a fairly well off ministerial servant. My wife who I love dearly, has a hard time believing some of the things that have went on. My family has no desire to associate with her, and I try to explain it, but if anyone else has other experiences to share, please do. Thanks

• asilentone
    asilentone

We are happy to have you on this board, you will get more insightful comments soon.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ask your wife to read some of the stuff on here.

Syl

• cult classic
    cult classic

G&A - WELCOME. I'm sorry to hear that your family is not treating you as they should.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome. There are no better soap operas than in this board

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Hi and WELCOME!!!!! I'm also new to this board but can totally relate to what you're going through. I was also DF once and still living at home. I was allowed to stay cuz I was trying to be all goodie and show repentance and wanting to come back, and because I was so emotionally messed up my family was afraid I'd hurt myself. But was still not allowed to talk to my siblings cuz I was a bad influence. It was needless to say very stressful and tense. Eventually I got Rted, and then became inactive and moved out. To this day all my friends don't talk to me and my family still only talks to me when it is really "necessary", meanining, when they need something. We do have a few relatives who are DF'ed and they get completely shunned, not even a phone call. But it's ok to do stuff with their spouses. Funny how the minute you get DF'ed you instantly become the bad guy. So sorry you went through that. But hey, sounds like you had a sweet sweet 16 .

JediMaster

• peaches
    peaches

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((gageandalex0)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) hi and welcome....

• Quandry
    Quandry

Isn't it amazing that JWs do things that are bad frequently, and show themselves to be no better than anyone else, but if someone has the title disfellowshipped, the others are so superior!

Welcome to the forum.

• yknot
    yknot

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the rest is directed to your dear wife............

Yeppers that kinda stuff happens all the time in KHs!

Mininature soap operas!

I am not suggesting it is in all KHs but birds of a feather flock together and drama-queens and kings like to hold court

You see your husband is considered the worst because he has yet to submit himself to 'theocratic counsel'....... he won't repent in a way his former Elders find satisfying and brown-nose them for 6 months.

He really doesn't want to drag you into this emotional-familia-congregational politic realm........

Yes, Elderkids get away with all types of offenses when others can be DFd simply for standing during the National Anthem.

In fact someone can be very repentant........and still be outcasted, notes in their files saying to 'NEVER REINSTATE' over personality clashes or smear campaigns

• StAnn
    StAnn

Huh, you should have your wife call me. I could give her an earful that would make her hair curl.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit