Hello to Everyone

by JediMaster 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Greetings to all!!! Been lurking for a few months now and I thought it was time to finally introduce myself and start having some fun with the lot of ya. I've really enjoyed reading the threads and getting familiar with some of you. A little bit about myself, born and raised in the truth. Very, very zelous at some point. DF'ed once and reinstated once. Got into trouble again and this time ran for dear life. So the elders didn't have a chance to "take care" of me, or "make an example" of me... Anyway, decided not to go back as I knew the matter woulnd't be handled Biblically, but more so Theocratically......ahem, yeah...not the same thing. So, been inactive for a while now. And now for the big shocker: I do still believe it is the truth, and Jehovah's channel of communication on earth. Why? How? What the H am I doing here? To be honest, not really sure I just saw different NORMAL people I have lot in common with, mainly, the fact we've all been to a degree mistreated, disillusioned, misguided, etc, etc, (you name it) by the Org. And since all association with friends and family has been majorly cut off, thougth I could use the support and webship of people who are a little more....IDK..... open-minded??. It's been a long and painful several months of depression and JW-am-gonna-die-mentality. I very slowly started making a recovery and seem to be finally snapping out of it. Funny as it may seem I was actually able to get major good spiritual info from this site, thanks to all of you who posted about SAD's, CA's, Special talks and the like. Mostly, I just have fun reading the threads and there have been quite a few where I wanted to join. I truly respect everyone and their personal opinions, and from I've seen I think I'll get the same from most of you. So....say hi guys!!!

JediMaster

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hello back and welcome!

Syl

• onemore
    onemore

to the board, welcome you are!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum JM

....there have been quite a few where I wanted to join.

No excuse now Get stuck in.

Cheers

Chris

• mrsjones5
  • asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board!

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Welcome JediMaster. When you say you believe it is the truth, all of us can definitely relate to that feeling.

I hope you make lots of friends here. Welcome to the board.

-mentallyfree31-

• Gayle
    Gayle

Welcome! It takes awhile to re-sort the Watchtower indoctrination, especially having been a child raised in it. You had to read a lot of books, magazines and hear a lot of talks in your formative years that prgrammed your mind. You need to start reading alot to re-set and correct your brain circuitry. I recommend you read as soon as possible "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz, a previous Governing Body member. (Some have been able to order it through their local library, if the library don't have one immediately). Contrary to the JW accusation, he is very humble, never has started his own religion, has no desire to start a religion. He doesn't have anger toward JWs personally at all.

This site will help you unravel and re-evaluate a lot of lingering thoughts you have regarding the WT organization.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Welcome, we won't hold any of your views against you. We here at the forum believe that independent thinking is something we have and should use.

LD

• sd-7
    sd-7

Welcome, JediMaster. I have to say it:

They don't trust you, JediMaster. They see your future. They know your power will be too strong to control. You must break through the fog of lies the organization has created around you. Let me help you to know the subtleties of the scriptures. What's that? How do I know the ways of the scriptures? My mentor taught me everything about the Bible--even the nature of apostates. What's that? I know apostates? If one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the Witnesses. If you wish to become a complete and wise elder, you must embrace...a larger view of the Bible. Use my knowledge, I beg you. JediMaster, listen to me. Don't continue to be a pawn of the body of elders! Ever since I've known you, you've been searching for a life greater than that of an ordinary Witness--a life of significance, of conscience.

What's that? You're going to turn me over to the elders? Indeed, as you should. But you're not entirely sure of their intentions, are you? What's that? You will quickly discover the truth of all this? You have great wisdom. Know the power of the dark side...

-sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit