Elder keeps calling and calling and calling

by troubled mind 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• undercover
    undercover

I'd ignore the calls. If it was important, he'd leave a message telling why it's important. That's pretty much my rule of thumb for all phone calls. I never answer my home phone. If the person calling, even if I recognize the name/number, doesn't leave a message, then I assume it's not important enough for me to call back. If they leave a message then I know the deal and can act accordingly.

Even though you can ignore the phone calls, it's good to be fully prepared for them to finally show up one day when you're at home.

But you can still stand your ground. If you don't wanna talk, don't talk. You can be pleasant enough but just explain that you don't need to discuss anything more with them. If you feel the need for their help, you'll call them.

I remember telling an elder, "I'm in a good place right now. If and when I feel I need your help, I'll call you." Nothing left to discuss after a comment like that.

If it's as your husband says, they have some info on a doctrine or something, just explain that you've done some research since then and you've come to understand it quite well now. Thanks anyway. End of discussion.

• flipper
    flipper

TROUBLED MIND- Good idea to avoid the elders entirely. Their motives usually are to bring you up for interrogation purposes. I found that out as well after exiting the cult. Cherish your freedom - give them no quarter or space in your life

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Just have your husband call them and tell them he doesn't appreciate other men calling his wife repeatedly and leaving messages.

I was out last weekend when a couple elders stopped by and talked to my wife. She let them in and they ended up staying for some time, she tells me. I'm more than just a little pissed off at that development. What kind of jack holes sit in MY house ALONE with MY WIFE for over an hour?

The fact that they're calling YOU is enough. Hubby needs to rise up righteous on them.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I had the same problem about 8 years ago.......2 years after I quit going. Just don't answer the phone unless you know who is calling (caller ID) and don't answer the door (peep hole).

However......the PO caught me once as l came out from the rear of the house from doing yard work and he just pulled up. I was like a deer in the headlights then. My excuse was that I was still recovering from getting broadsided on my Harley and told him everything he wanted to hear. That was 2003.

These days.....if anyone sees me since I've moved.........I'm totally free and will lay it all out for them. No more fear!

HappyDad

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Just remember: the elders do not have any authority over you. They don't carry guns, they can't arrest you - they can't do anything. Actually they can do something: they CAN be very annoying. I feel your pain. Hopefully they will get the point and leave you alone.

-mentallyfree31-

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Good grief they stopped by AGAIN today when I was getting ready for work ....I ignored the door again . Plus there were two phone calls before they stopped (they are calling first while out in service then stopping by too ) but no one left a message.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Put a garden gnome on the porch

• peaches
    peaches

CALL THEM....just be nice,,,thank them for their time and effort...and that you do not wish to be contacted anymore....tell them it is just personal and that should you change your mind,,,,you will call them.....it is just my feeling,,,but....if you do not hit it head on,,,,they will NEVER leave you alone...good luck,,,,,,

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Ignore the calls and let it go to voicemail.

If somebody turns up at your doorstep or catches you outside when you are carrying bags of groceries into the house, just say 'I'm busy - gotta go!' and then GO. Do not utter another word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit