Elder keeps calling and calling and calling

by troubled mind 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Since the sheparding visit a few weeks ago I have had three phone calls and two drop bys from the Elders . We have been gone both times they stopped by (but our son saw them and did not answer the door ). The phone messages are directed to ME not my husband, and the one left today he sounded a bit on edge . My husband thinks they just want to give me more information about blood fractions since this came up during the sheparding call and they had said the KM 06 had an insert explaining it all . I on the other hand do not feel that is all they want because why wouldn't they just leave it in the door with a note ? I have ignored all the phone calls with the Elders plea for me to return his call ......I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO HIM ANYMORE ....don't you think he would get the message ??? So what would you do ? Continue to ignore or return his call and see what is so important ?

• crapola
    crapola

I'd return his call and tell him that I know longer wanted to talk about it. Nicely tell him that you are not interested in discussing it. If he persists in bothering you then write a letter to the cong and tell them to put you on the don't call list. Maybe that will put an end to it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ignore..

Unless the guy is Desperate to Pay your Electric Bill..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Do not acknowledge it.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Ignore! Calling to talk to tell him you don't want to talk is a bit counterproductive. If you don't want to talk, then don't talk, starting with not returning the call!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

thanks for the replies .......I am going to continue ignoring

• Bluegill
    Bluegill

just ignore.....we screen all of our phone calls and we don't answer the door unless we are expecting company. We have a bedroom on the second floor that enables us to see who is knocking. It's kind of funny...my wife tip toes around the house when a JW knocks on the door. I carry on with business as usual. If they happen to look in and see me that doesn't mean I'm going to answer the door. My house, my rules! If they look in the windows they might see something they don't want to see!! It's actually quite funny how many times someone will call or stop by when they are being ignored! Eventually they will stop.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If you want it to stop you have to sieze control. Hiding and ignoring them leaves them in control. Call the piece of shit and tell him to cease and desist in his stalking and harassment. The next time it happens will be reported to the authorities.

W

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

It's the same mentality as when calling back on a return visit over and over when they're not home. I must admit I used to do that cos it beat doing first call. Once a householder came to the door and asked why I kept calling and I said "Cos you weren't at home" to which she replied "I just didn't want to answer the door". I can take a hint now but clearly your elders can't.

They'll probably continue to pester you unless you call them and say you don't need the information. Personally I'd ignore them cos I'm just that way inclined. I feel your frustration though.

MMXIV

• blondie
    blondie

troubled mind, if it continues (some elders are Axxholes with a capital A) just answer the phone and say that you are no longer available for a discussion but you will let him know when you are. Say goodbye and hang up softly. Then if it continues, just let it go to voice mail.

It all depends how rude the individual is....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit