Help! Today's (5/23) WT study

by Dagney 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Anybody who went, was there any supposedly "nooo" light regarding trouble in the congos during the last days?

Got a call from a "sis" on the way to the meeting telling me about this interesting "nooo" light. Not sure exactly what she was saying, something like "satan (I know I know) is actually bringing people into the congregations to disrupt them." I asked her, "what is the scriptural support of that?" She said she would let me know later.

So...if anybody has a clue what she is talking about, I appreciate your comments.

Thank you.

**sigh**

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I heard that when I came in 1986, to expect that,

I thought that was why there was so much paranoia in the congos.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They had talks on that 30 years ago..

Same old Chicken dancing to the same old tune..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Titus
    Titus

Obviously, she didn't understand that whole article was about anointed witnesses, not about congregations of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

BTW, nice chicken, OUTLAW.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Yes, it was the whole wheat and the weeds parable today. Satan has sown weeds among the fields and so therefore they are intwined among the wheat and have to wait for the harvest to be separated... or something like that... I don't know, I was zoned out for most of the WT study, it was shortened since it was CO visit.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thank you. She is going to call after the meeting.

So the old weeeeet and weeeeeds, eh? So I can tell her they said that before, and I'll sound all smart and all up on stuff. Eeesh.

Thanks again.

• peaches
    peaches

have some weed,,,,get the munchies,,,eat some wheat.....(uhhhh...thats what i have heard!! gulp)....dropping roach clip on the floor...eerrrr....i mean ....dropped my hair clip on the floor and saw a roach) pretty colors....pretty pretty colors....

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

The great apostacy and how WT was chosen in 1918, after an internal house cleaning.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Even the Apostle Paul warned them in Acts 20 that people would come in and distrupt them.

29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.
    30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them

And what happened you ended up with JWs.

• wobble
    wobble

I wonder if this may not be a way of subliminally casting doubt on the genuineness of those who claim to be new anointed ones in recent years ?

Difficult for them to do, directly, some of the GB have not been anointed for that long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit