Aug 15 2010 WT - 3rd Study Article - Are they Serious!

by Simon Morley 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

One of my family members was slandered by a couple of elders. It is very hurtful when they are judging someone's motives who are doing their best to serve God. My relative is young and is very good at public speaking and the elders told his father he is only doing it because, he likes the spotlight. I guess elders know how to read hearts too. Disgusting. They left that congregation and moved to another one where they have a lot of friends. I don't see them ever really waking up.

But, it amazes me with so many younger ones leave the org. but, then, they have one to do their bidding, like my relative, they tear him to pieces. I can't type what I feel about those losers.

• flipper
    flipper

SIMON MORLEY- Good points you make , good thread. I found when I was a JW I had more to fear from fellow witnesses assassinating my character than I EVER had from non-witnesses. The gossip mill and rumor mill ALWAYS ran high with everybody talking about everybody in the JW cult. Did these people have nothing BETTER to do with their time and lives ? I guess not. Have made much more sincere friends outside the witnesses

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is just a tactic to close their minds to apostates that might have a better viewpoint than their own. The "lies" they are talking about including taking the Bible out of context, pushing pio-sneering instead of college ruining people's lives, and the pedophile issue that the witlesses are doing their utmost to hide. They are not talking about the kind of slander that always seems to go on among the witlesses themselves--and usually about stupid things like fornication or the like.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I was the subject of vicious gossip. There was a single pioneer sister who I was good friends with. We never dated, though the subject came up in private conversations and we knew we would never be compatible. I have written about this experience elsewhere on this board, but dont have time to find it. Gossipers ruined our friendship.

That was in 1991. I felt bad for the sister, and there she is years later...and nearly 20 years later....she is probably 50 now....still pioneering, still single....I dont know how she can still be happy. She left the congo in 1991...moved out east (NJ) believe... then back to the midwest to the other side of her old circuit (IL6) and pioneers..... rarely visits her old KH....or her family in their hall nearby... .wonder why....as$wipes.

I wish she would have found her way out.... she had talent that went to waste for the Borg.

turning the other cheek only applies to YOU... never to the gossipers.

Snakes (Rich )

• designs
    designs

Theocratic Language was developed to identify who were In and who were on the fringe or even spies during the Cold War years. Then in the 80s when the Apostate witch hunts began everyone was encouraged to turn in anyone, including family members, who expressed doubts. Is it any wonder people had that feeling of keeping your back to the wall. I had a good friend set me up, but it all worked out, got my Freedom Ring

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit