Aug 15 2010 WT - 3rd Study Article - Are they Serious!

by Simon Morley 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Paragraph 17 states: " How should we respond when rumors about fellow believers are circulated by God’s enemies?"

What about: "How we should respond when rumours about fellow believers are circulated by fellow believers?"

My family was continually a victim of sewer level slander (not even gossip that resulted in murder - not physical but a character assassination. We simply had enough and stopped going and putting our health at risk.

Recommendation of the elders ' turn the other cheek, there will always be gossip, continue putting up with one another in love" I am not sure about others on this board but in 25 years I was part of this sham I was never exposed to so much gossip, slader and petty jealousy from those I associated with in the so called "world". Quite frankly, if a non-Dub said something I had the choice to not associate with them anymore - not allowed with the R&F Dubs - keep on loving one another.

I have a fairly high profile job in the community and I came in contact with many people from all walks of life - yet never have I had to deal with what I did with the Dubs - because non-Dub's simply do not get off on purient scatalogical interests that seem to give Dub's their jollies.

I am so glad I do not have to sit through this drivel anymore.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I think that is what social isolation with one and only one group of people does.

I'd refer anyone that has dealt with slanderous accusations to my thread, "HELP! BETRAYED!"

There is priceless advice there, the upshot being: STOP ALL ASSOCIATIONS WITH THE PERSON AND ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS HER/HIM!

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

White Dove: I agree, that's why I am out. I don't have to expose myself or my family to such abuse that is left unresolved. Classic - the victime suffesr more than the offender. I can tell you that since leaving my health has improved dramatically - being out not in. I will search for your post - I appreciate you letting me know where to look!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Pioneering is where it will show up almost instantly in the congregation.

And where I was, the brothers had no idea or were ignoring the sisters' bickering.

It exploded out in the parking lot of the khall.

I was completely scandalized/shocked by their behavior (two old sisters).

Euodia and synchate...or some such names in one of Paul's congregations in the Bible come to mind.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

One of the things that shocked me when I was first converted is how much infighting and backstabbing there was in the congregation, not to mention how suspicious they were of almost everyone. This is an even bigger deal at the KH, where a bad reputation can contribute to getting you disfellowshipped. Especially if the Elders on your judicial committee buy into the rumors. Maybe this is partly why JWs are so worried about what others think of them and why many seem like they're still living in the 50s.

• sir82
    sir82
    One of the things that shocked me when I was first converted is how much infighting and backstabbing there was in the congregation, not to mention how suspicious they were of almost everyone.

Multiply that by 10 and you've got a typical body of elders.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Euodia and synchate...or some such names in one of Paul's congregations in the Bible come to mind.

LOL.

Philippians 4:2 I urge Euodia and Syntyche to iron out their differences and make up. God doesn't want his children holding grudges.

3 And, oh, yes, Syzygus, since you're right there to help them work things out, do your best with them. These women worked for the Message hand in hand with Clement and me, and with the other veterans—worked as hard as any of us. Remember, their names are also in the Book of Life. MSG

Syl

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

They say the British press are the worst where gossip and slander are concerned. Having had a job dealing with them for a high profile company I found them not too dissimilar to an average congregation. I was therefore expertly qualified to manage issues that arose. No-where have I come across so much two-faced b1tching as in KH's.

MMXIV

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Cults always have to blame the victim or at least, the source of complaint against them or their representives, to keep their veneer of purity and superiority to anything else.

It's never THEIR fault, because they represent God (or make themselves a god), who makes no errors. Therefore, they make no errors. Circular reasoning deluxe.

• dissed
    dissed

You know you are in trouble, when the JW Elders tell you in dealing with maliscious gossip, "Well, where there is smoke, there is fire."

In other words, there must be some truth to the stories, or they wouldn't be spread.

What I found out in this particular case, the Elders wives were involved. So it was a justification of the wrong doing in this congregation to protect them from discipline.

The Elders just didn't care about YOUR family nor how they were hurt and their reputation ruined.

We were associated with several congregations, being sent in by the CO to support ones with issues. ALL had this same problem, which helped us realize they don't have 'the love among themselves' that the WT boasts about.

I always think of the thought of 'white washed graves, full of dead man's bones', when I think of the JW's. Once you get to know them. and how easily maliscious talk comes in their midst. Its obvious JG's spirit is NOT with them, infact just the opposite. How could you treat each other in such a way and claim to be God's people? You can't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit