Field Service Question

by zzaphod 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I lived in a suburb of Indianapolis for 7 years and saw the jws at my door twice. Since moving back to California a year ago to a more densely populated area the jws have been at my door twice and passed by my door about three times. I thiink it just depends on where you live and how active the hall is.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Back when I was living in my hometown, I would seldom see witnesses canvassing door to door. In fact, I recall something along the line of Mormon's or some other church group personally. However, I knew they must have been canvasing because I remember finding their publications.

Where I live at now, no witness canvasses door to door because we live in an apartment complex with an explicit no soliciting rule. The witnesses in this area are good about obeying the law. If we do see anyone canvassing door to door, it is usually some teenagers from the church called 'The Potter's House.'

• Gordy
    Gordy

I asked six people atwork, about this if they had been called on by JWs.
    We all lived in an area where you would expect to see JWs regularly.
    One person said his wife had said they had been in the past week.
    Three said they can't recall the last time any JW called, they thought maybe about 6 months ago.
    Two said that as far as they could recall they had never been called on by JWs.
    Which reminded me that my parents and I lived in an apartment above a shop,
    and we never got called on.

Another thing that has happened in the these past years is that blocks of apartments,
    which at one time as a JW we could just walk in and call on people.
    Now the main doors a locked and you have to use a tenants intercom to ask to be let in.
    Which quite often they did not, even if you did get an answer, which very often you didn't.
    Probably nearly a couple of dozen blocks of about 12 apartments became inaccessible.
    In the end we very often gave them a miss.

Also by the time I was coming to the end of my years as a JW.
    It was becoming very difficult to find people at home at all.
    Some roads you would call weekdays, morning/afternoon/evening/Saturdays/Sundays.
    Yet you would still find the same homes with no one in, and that was a majority of them.
    Very often out of a road of 50 homes, you would be lucky to get 6 answering the door.

• peaches
    peaches

been here twice in 3 years.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit