Sign of the Last Days by Carl Oloff Johnson - Have you read it?

by mentallyfree31 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I started reading Sign of the Last Days by Carl Oloff Johnson this week. I am almost to page 50 right now, and have finished the section on world famines. Wow - he really deconstructs the idea of whether famines have increased or decreased over the past 2,000 years. The twentieth century has seen the best advancements ever as far as the worldwide food population. The worst famines in history happened a century/centuries (in some parts) ago.

It's truly amazing that the WTS had us so fooled on basic things like this. The next section is dealing with earthquakes. I have already dove into this a while back. I think JWFacts.com breaks this down as well on one of his pages, proving that there has been no increase in earthquakes in the so called "last days" since 1914.

This has been really enlightening to read this material. I have enjoyed it immensely.

Have you read this book? What did you think?

-mentallyfree31-

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The earthquakes chapter is even better, they really take the WTS to task there.

• sherah
    sherah

Sounds interesting....adding to my reading list.

• ziddina
    ziddina

What Sherah said...

Thanks for pointing out that book! I've got some that will be due on Monday; I'll see if that is available...

Zid

• Balsam
    Balsam

I read it when I got out when it came out. Well worth read for all jw's and ex-jw's. Ruth

• Dagney
    Dagney

He had me at earthquakes.

I was done.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I'm getting excited about the earthquakes section now. My wife is going to the KH tonight for a meeting, so I should be able to dive in and read some more.

-mentallyfree31-

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Update: Have read quite a bit on the earthquakes section. WT really doctors up their statistics. When you compare WT stats to the actual stats, it really is quite comical.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Thanks for the book recommendation, I'm going to go get it this weekend, sounds very interesting. Reminds me of what the Dali Lama said on tv yesterday when asked if he thought conditions and people on the earth were getting worse or better, he said "BETTER"! I mean the jw's wouldn't have a message if man was already making things better, they only survive on pessimism. I'm very optimistic and can feel a collective shift in people and the planet for the better!

• wannabefree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit