SOME ENCOURAGEMENT FOR THE NEWBIES AND LURKERS

by palmtree67 49 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

A quote from "Crisis of Conscience". Don't be afraid to read it.

Whatever the initial distress - a distress that sometimes follows the demenaing experience of being interogated by men who, in effect strip one of dignity, make the weight of their authority felt, and presume to judge adversely one's standing with God - however torn one may feel inside, afterward there is a distinct feeling of relief, of peace. It is not just knowing that one is finally outside the reach of such men, no longer subject to their eccliastical scrutiny and pressure.......

The greatest freedom enjoyed is that of being able to serve God and his Son - as well as serve for the good of all persons - untrammelled by the dictates of imperfect men. There is freedom to serve according to the dictates of one's own conscience, according to the motivation of one's own heart. The sense of having a great burden lifted off, the lightening of a heavy load, comes with that freedom.

The mind which renounces, once and forever, a futile hope, has its compensation in ever growing calm.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Great excerpt thx for sharing!

The greatest freedom enjoyed is that of being able to serve God and his Son - as well as serve for the good of all persons - untrammelled by the dictates of imperfect men.
  • miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Thats a heck of a quote.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Spot on !! I loved the book.

Loz x

• chron82
    chron82

Wow. That was just what I needed to hear. Thanks...

• snowbird
    snowbird
    The mind which renounces, once and forever, a futile hope, has its compensation in ever growing calm. George Gissing
    Persistent prophecy is a familiar way of assuring the event George Gissing

Truer words have never been written or spoken.

Sylvia

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

He continues:

Christ clearly emphasized the personal nature of that relationship. His call is not "Come to my organization" or "Come to a certain church or denomination", but "Come to me". (Matt. 11:28)

In giving the illustration of the vine and the branches, his words were not "I am the vine, religious organizations are the branches and you are the twigs" but rather, "I am the vine and you are the branches" - connected directly to him. (John 15:5)

In his beautiful illustration of the good shephard, he says, "I am the good shephard. I know my own and my own know me....." (John 10:14, 15)

It is wonderfully comforting and assuring to know that our good shephard, God's Son, knows each of us individually by name and cares for us personally.

Thank you, dear Ray!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Bringing Palm's thread up front

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Hi palmtree67 I have not read crisis of concience yet thank you for sharing and posting.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Sorry for my poor spelling I sould have said 'crisis of conscience'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit