Generation & "Even when you don't understand/feel uncomfortable with it..."

by nextdoorgirl 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes - they bring out all the drivel don't they. I know people usually do pull out the Red Sea bit. What I say is - Well that's right they did follow Moses and had no idea what was going to happen and it seemed wrong and they did have to trust in him and in God. BUT - what would have happened if he went up to the Sea and NOTHING HAPPENED? And they WAITED and WAITED and WAITED for DECADES and then were told - hang on, trust in God he said he has some new light for us! How many of them would still be there?

If Moses was wrong - it would have been self-evident very soon!

Good luck! .....Hadit

The Red Sea can be crossed,when the Tide is out..

Thats where Moses crossed with the Israelites..Thats where Napoleane crossed with his troops..

God did`nt part the sea for either of them..

................................ ...OUTLAW

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

Good stuff, guys. I will surely use it. I especially like the reasoning if Moses said, "wait guys, we're waiting on new light" it would be evident pretty quickly.

I need iron clad reasoning. Oh, how to wake them UP!

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Sorry, I meant Heathclliff.

Oh it's cool. I think I was just illustrating the battle of the cats or something. I always wondered how those two would interact since they were both popular in the 80's.

Personally, I liked reading the Garfield cartoons but I preferred watching Heathcliff on TV.

Anyway, wow, your mom sure keeps coming out with drivel to defend her beliefs. I believe Hadit had a good rebuttal but here's something your mom might enjoy:

August 1, 1958 WT p. 460:

The clergy have dominated their lives, told them what they can read, what they should believe and do. To ask a sound religious question is a demonstration of lack of faith in God and the church, according to the clergy. As a result, the Irish people to very little independent thinking. They are victims of the clergy and fear.

This is what the WT said of Irish Catholics, sound familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztQBKmIFqcc

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

Wow, really good reasoning. I love it! Too bad she never uses the internet. Sigh....well, at least we can look up the articles on the cd rom, and reason on them!

Ha! Thank you!

• sherah
    sherah

Also, the Isrealites had ample evidence of Moses having God's backing. By the time they got to the Red Sea, they felt confident about God's ability to save them even if they couldn't comprehend it at that point. The WT have ZERO evidence of having God's backing, NONE of their prophesies have come true. They are losing credibility. That's why they are putting out at remixed Generation doctrine to buy more time as this 'system' continues on.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I wish you the best nextdoorgirl with helping your mom see the light. i dear my mom is a lost cause cause of her mental illness.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Have you read the questions?

13, 14. (a) Who make up “this generation” mentioned by Jesus?

(b) Give an example showing that the holy spirit is at work in bringing Bible truths to light. (See the box “Are You Keeping Up With Increased Light?”)

One question on this major change.....

.....That's all folks.........

Next question (b) means :"Suck it up brothers and sisters, or your fellow goons will see you as weak and throw you out on your ear and shun you until Killer God arrives to tear your evil head off"

• agonus
    agonus

So the GB is just like Moses, eh?

Well, just remember what happened to the world's meekest man...

"I HAVE GIVEN YOU WATER!"

Whoops... Jehovah was not amused...

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

Haha!! Great stuff! You guys really make my day. Both intelligent and witty, I love your comments!

• flipper
    flipper

NEXTDOORGIRL- Welcome to the board ! Good thread. Actually- the truth of the matter is the governing body doesn't even understand or feel comfortable with the alleged " new light" on overlapping generations. They just spew it out there because they are desperate to keep controlling Jehovah's Witnesses and using up their time, money, and lives ! So they HAD to think of SOMETHING to keep witnesses duped - 1914 has come and gone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit