Generation & "Even when you don't understand/feel uncomfortable with it..."

by nextdoorgirl 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garyneal
    garyneal
    My mom didnt know about the new teaching either. She said she didnt care didnt believe the last couple anyway. Shes just happy they dont teach the trinity.

One of the biggest things that attracted my mother in law to this religion is that they don't teach hell fire. So if her reasoning is similar to your mom's, she will happily embrace error so long as they keep teaching her that there is no hell fire.

I wonder what this verse has to say concerning that? 2 Timothy 4:3

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

Good stuff, guys! Great reasoning, and good scriptures. Haha! Love it! Thanks for the Catholic specific reasoning.

I hope we keep brainstorming, you are awesome!

-------------------------------

Sorry, I meant Heathclliff.

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

What if she says something that surely they will drivel out, such as "Well, the Isrealites didn't understand and surely didn't feel comfortable with the idea of going up to the red sea, and being cornered there...but that was God's will, as expressed through his mouth-piece, Moses. Same with this. We must always be faithful, you never know where it will lead! Even if it doesn't make sense."

What can we say against that?

• Hadit
    Hadit

Yes - they bring out all the drivel don't they. I know people usually do pull out the Red Sea bit. What I say is - Well that's right they did follow Moses and had no idea what was going to happen and it seemed wrong and they did have to trust in him and in God. BUT - what would have happened if he went up to the Sea and NOTHING HAPPENED? And they WAITED and WAITED and WAITED for DECADES and then were told - hang on, trust in God he said he has some new light for us! How many of them would still be there?

If Moses was wrong - it would have been self-evident very soon!

Good luck!

• St George of England
    St George of England

This is the problem with JW's policy of 'don't get an education' and 'don't think'. They are expected to shelve any doubts or areas they do not understand and WAIT ON JEHOVAH!

I've been on the shores of the Red Sea for 60+ years and really need a change of scenery.

George

• Heaven
    Heaven

Thanks for the response, Garfield.

nextdoorgirl... that's Heathcliff to you!

EndofMysteries... very nice!

When I was a kid, it wasn't that you have to accept it even if it doesn't make sense, it was 'we aren't meant to know that, Dear'. My young mind would scream "If I'm meant to ask the question, I am meant to know the answer!"

• wobble
    wobble

If your Mum tells you to pray for H.S to help you "understand" it ,say "Yes I will do that "

Return to her in a day or so and say "Holy Spirit revealed to me that it is a false explanation based on a false claim about the year 1914"

I think she may then tell you off for independent thinking, but she told you to do it, and why should your reply from the H.S be wrong ?

At least she knows you consulted the H.S, the writing dept. may have (did) just pulled their idea out of their arse.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

They just call it the deep things of god which are hard to understand and than they move on and no alarm bells begin to ring

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

If the WTS talks about the new generation enough times, then the flock have to accept it in LOYALTY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit