What to write in my niece's (JW) wedding card

by voodoo lady 16 Replies latest jw friends

• voodoo lady
    voodoo lady

Hello everyone!

My very militant JW niece is marrying a JW boy who I know little about, though I presume he must have priveleges or be a pioneer for her to have dated him in the first place. Though I feel so sad at the reality she's about to face - marrying a man she barely knows who she's probably never spent time alone with - I would still like to celebrate her love, or at least these exciting new feelings that she's experiencing that she believes to be love. (And for all I know may certainly be love).

I'd like to write something in her card to make her think.

What I'd really love to say is: "there are two people in a marriage, there's no room for nine men in brooklyn as well." But I doubt she'd look favourably upon that. I'd like to write something that is crafted well enough to actually make her think about the interference these men may cause in her marriage if she allows them the power to do so. Does anyone have any idea how this could be written in a more beautiful and lyrical way, but retain the power of its intent?

• peaches
    peaches

becareful.....it is suppose to be the happiest day of her life.....any negativity on your part will ALWAYS be remember by her and family involved...it "could" damage future conversations for "ever".....especially if they are HARDCORE....best of luck...peaches

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

I think this is a great idea. You should definitely use her wedding day to promote your own agenda because that's what wedding days are for! I like to staple my business card to the wedding card whenever I go to a wedding. Oh sure I could be like everyone else and simply say something nice on probably the most important day of their lives to this point, but that's what everyone else is doing. I like to be different and really, you never know when they will need to have their gutters cleaned and when they do?

Donny's Discount Gutter Champ!

stapled right in their wedding card. Who's laughing now!

• Heaven
    Heaven

This is what I write in wedding cards:

"Keep each other close in your hugs, in your hearts, and in your minds."

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "My very militant JW niece..."

Not sure what this means, when it comes to the relationship that you have with your niece.

It might be good to write that you are happy for her, and that you are always there for her, if she ever needs to talk, or a hug.

Keep it simple. That's always the best.

If she knows that you have different views on the JWs, then that may be all that you can say, and not have your card tossed out.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Just congratulate her on losing her virginity (the real reason for j-dub marriage)

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Her wedding day is not the time for you to 'try and make her think ' . If you don't support her marriage decision then don't send anything .

• asilentone
    asilentone

I like Heaven's suggestion!

• StAnn
    StAnn

How about something like, "I have always loved you and will always love you very much. I wish you nothing but happiness." Then, if she ever pulls her head up out of the sand, she'll be more likely to come to you for support, knowing you love her.

StAnn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s her Wedding Day..

Not your opportinity to leave hints..

About what you may or may not like about her religion..

................................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit