I seriously do not give a $hizNit about you

by AwSnap 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Didnt think I'd say this, but I am. Maybe you newbies have no clue who I am, but I was absolutely addicted to this site for over a year. Now, I have no time for JWN. I have tried about 7 times in the last month to check up and see what's new, but I log out just about 5 minutes after I log in.

About 5 months ago, my jw sibling told me that he/she never remembered that the UN was spoken of negatively (and that the red-headed slut named Babylon was pictured in the Revelation Book in the 80's). Flabbergasted and Astounded, I became convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the jw's are....maybe not a total cult...but DEFINITELY NOT UNIQUE AND ABSOLUUUUUTELY UNDER MIND CONTROL.

I left the jw's (unannounced/faded) in the late 90's (yet I have many aquaintances still "in"). Today, I ran into a jw elder. I was running into our local hardware store as he was pulling out. I thought a nice 'wave' & smile would suffice, but he stopped and said 'hey! Me & _____ want to stop by...when would be a good time?'

I am READY. Bring it. They hold no power over me. NONE. Really. Really. REALLY. I cannot believe that I used to get up at 5a to make pasta salad for assemblies. I've HATED pasta salad for years. But I just had some today that was amazing. I have recovered. Not everything reminds me of being a JW.

If you need my support, please PM me. To be honest, it may be a lil while before I get back to you. While I do NOT think about the jw's like I did even a couple months ago, I care about you & will direct you to someone who may be able to help.

This may be a very tough time in your life. But let me just tell you: I unofficially left over ten years ago. Since then, I went into a major depression, got into drugs (7 years ago), alcohol, terrible friends, wonderful friends, terrible jobs, fantastic jobs, aweful peers, amazing women & men, cigarettes (its been 3 years), drugs (its been 7 years since that ended), government assistance, self-assistance (YAY!...STILL THERE!). I now own my own business. Even going through school, I was very self-destructive...

I'm not 'there' anymore. I feel so good and I have made some amazing, wonderful friends...some ex-JW's, some non-jw's, and some who have no idea what jw's believe. I am so blessed. Do not confuse this with --->"I have no stress in my life".

BOOOOOLogna.... I've got lots of stress. But I'm done with school. I own my own business now. I'm hounding my hubby for a baby now because I dont believe the big A is about to hit us . And ....now...I know I'm right. I honor life. And I respect life. We dont own every minute...it could end anytime. I am thankful and I tell everyone I love them. Contact me if you need support

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

p.s.... I officially got out of debt today. wooPWOOP! I did it.....but much with the support of others.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Hi AwSnap. Your confidence is sexy.

Think About It

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Fo Shizzle my Nizzle.

Good for you girlie! Give em hell!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Oh sorry, you already did. I'm happy for ya.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I love you, AwSnap. Whatever the journey, you've ended up a very cool person. Oh the places you'll go ;)

I think I'll have a drink to toast your out-of-debtedness :)

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Way to go, AwSnap! You're living proof there is life outside the org.

You kicked the bad habits, finished school, run your own business, and got out of debt: that's four big accomplishments.

It's great to hear success stories, thank you for dropping by to share yours. Don't be a stranger, OK?

--GLT

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I dont give a crap about you either.... :-) does it mean I am getting better?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Wow! Good for you.

• Dagney
    Dagney

You go girl!! (dd we have wine tonight?)

Love it!!! Brava!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit