Finish the job the Jehovah's Witnesses started on you!

by Terry 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

What Jehovah's Witnesses get right is that the basis for Christianity rests on scripture and the Bible itself.

But, they only go just so far.

They stop at making you suspicious of bad things which have crept in to the bible through centuries of corruption.

The JW's unpack and deconstruct Christianity j-u-s-t e-n-o-u-g-h for you to see the rats and spiders and cockroaches. They quickly squeeze it all back together again REPACKAGED. Their brand stamped on the old shit.

Perfumed shit.

Why daub any shit on your soul with confidence just because it smells good?

STOP MAKING AN IDOL out of a corrupt text deemed to be supernatural.

Move on. Let go of it. Get real!

Just continue what the JW's started to do....but..stopped short of completing.

Go the last mile!

Deconstruct the Bible and Christianity COMPLETELY.

Once you learn in detail how sausages are made you will never eat a hotdog again!

Either Martin Luther was right or he was wrong about Sola Scriptura (the bible alone.)

If the Holy Spirit actually teaches us the bible---why didn't one true Christianity emerge from the Protestant Reformation?

The TEST has already been made. Sola Scriptura produced denominations at war with each other over orthodoxy of belief.

The Bible contains fables, a smattering of history and a reworked fan-fiction Wiki about a person named Jesus.

We can't parse his words. We don't have his words.

Christianity has never worked beyond an idea in the hands of powerful men who use it as a tool to control other men who "believe".

Finish what Jehovah's Witnesses got right---the DECONSTRUCTING of the myth of Christianity and the Bible!

Don't jump out of their frying pan into yet another one by whatever name.

Stop the BELIEVING game.

Give up the narcotic of FAITH in the invisible guy who will kill you if you don't pass his smell test.

BUILD YOUR OWN DAMNED LIFE and do a fine job of it by using your MIND!

• moshe
    moshe

I started that process in 1996 (eight years after my KH exit) with the book, "The five gospels" what did Jesus really say, by the Jesus Seminar. I knew I was on to something important when I walked into a Christian bookstore and asked for it. A clerk told me they didn't carry that book, "we don't want to stampede the horses" she explained to me, with a laugh, as to the reason they didn't stock it. I knew I was onto something important as my JW escape training kicked in at that point. Telling someone to don't read something means, you better damn well read it! I purchased the book and it was an eye opener for me. I was never able to set foot into church again as a "believer"- except a Unitarian church, I was OK with them- they had already figured the Bible out.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Terry,

"Give up the narcotic of FAITH in the invisible guy who will kill you if you don't pass his smell test."

What do you think of Hebrews 10:29-31?

• Terry
    Terry

Hebrews 10:29-31 (New International Version)

29 How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," [ a ] and again, "The Lord will judge his people." [ b ] 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Did you know the book of Hebrews was argued against early in the canonization process? Martin Luther rejected it, too.

Aside from that...

If you can't persuade people by better ideas you frighten them to death.

This scripture was a favorite of Jonathan Edwards!

• The Finger
    The Finger

Terry,

I wasn't trying to persuade anyone of anything. I was just interested in your view. As a man who went to prison for his beliefs and here is a man who gave his life.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The World is going to End..

Everyone is going to die..

Including 90% of JW`s because they don`t do enough for the WBT$..

http://preaprez.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/gun-to-head.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• changeling
    changeling

"Finish what Jehovah's Witnesses got right---the DECONSTRUCTING of the myth of Christianity and the Bible!

Don't jump out of their frying pan into yet another one by whatever name.

Stop the BELIEVING game.

Give up the narcotic of FAITH in the invisible guy who will kill you if you don't pass his smell test.

BUILD YOUR OWN DAMNED LIFE and do a fine job of it by using your MIND!"

Ditto!!! :)

• beksbks
    beksbks
    If you can't persuade people by better ideas you frighten them to death.
    I wasn't trying to persuade anyone of anything.

I don't think Terry was referring to you Finger. I think he was referring to those who would use the bible to persuade.

• The Finger
    The Finger

beksbks,

Your probably right, my mistake.

• moshe
    moshe

http://www.epjournal.net/filestore/EP08122150.pdf

-

"Speaking in confidence with fellow clergy is also a course fraught with danger, in spite of the fact that some of them are firmly convinced that many, and perhaps most, of their fellow clergy share their lack of belief.
    What gives them this impression that they are far from alone, and how did this strange and sorrowful state of affairs arise? The answer seems to lie in the seminary experience shared by all our pastors, liberals and literals alike. Even some conservative seminaries staff their courses on the Bible with professors who are trained in textual criticism, the historical methods of biblical scholarship, and what is taught in those courses is not what the young seminarians learned in Sunday school, even in the more liberal churches. In seminary they were introduced to many of the details that have been gleaned by centuries of painstaking research about how various ancient texts came to be written, copied, translated, and, after considerable jockeying and logrolling, eventually assembled into the Bible we read today. It is hard if not impossible to square these new facts with the idea that the Bible is in all its particulars a true account of actual events, let alone the inerrant word of God. It is interesting that all our pastors report the same pattern of response among their fellow students: some were fascinated, but others angrily rejected what their professors tried to teach them. Whatever their initial response to these unsettling revelations, the cat was out of the bag and both liberals and literals discerned the need to conceal their knowledge about the history of Christianity from their congregations.
    A gulf opened up between what one says from the pulpit and what one has been taught in seminary. This gulf is well-known in religious circles. The eminent biblical scholar Bart D. Ehrman's widely read book, Misquoting Jesus (2005), recounts his own odyssey from the seminary into secular scholarship, beginning in the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, a famously conservative seminary which required its professors to sign a statement declaring the Bible to be the inerrant word of God, a declaration that was increasingly hard for Ehrman to underwrite by his own research. The Dishonest Church (2003), by retired United Church of Christ minister, Jack Good, explores this "tragic divide" that poisons the relationship between the laity and the clergy. Every Christian minister, not just those in our little study, has to confront this awkwardness, and no doubt there are many more ways of responding to it than our small sample illustrates. How widespread is this phenomenon? When we asked one of the other pastors we talked with initially if he thought clergy with his views were rare in the church, he responded, "Oh, you can't go through seminary and come out believing in God!" Surely an overstatement, but a telling one. As Wes put it:
    ...there are a lot of clergy out there who --- if you were to ask them --- if you were to list the five things that you think may be the most central beliefs of Christianity, they would reject every one of them.
    One can be initiated into a conspiracy without a single word exchanged or secret handshake; all it takes is the dawning realization, beginning in seminary, that you and the others are privy to a secret, and that they know that you know, and you know that they know that you know. This is what is known to philosophers and linguists as mutual knowledge, and it plays a potent role in many social circumstances. Without any explicit agreement, mutual knowledge seals the deal: you then have no right to betray this bond by unilaterally divulging it, or even discussing it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Church members might not even be aware that their pastor is a closet unbeliever. The things people will do for a paycheck- like lie about Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit