What are your summer plans??

by awildflower 27 Replies latest watchtower medical

• awildflower
    awildflower

I love that idea of "latin" words. Very cool!

• designs
    designs

Let me know how it goes. Maybe I'll get up the courage too. One of my surfing buddies has the full paint on his back.

How about-

Quo Vidis (Where are you going)

Sempre Liberia (Always Free) from La Traviata

• awildflower
    awildflower

Love it. I'll let you know

• Terry
    Terry

I've been planning a hike and camp out near Snargle at the foot of the FarDuck mountain range for some time now.

The site is nested within a clopse of Kiwani spruce and a sinuous and verdant river of snowmelt winds nearby which should make for

excellent whitewater rafting!

If I'm lucky I can hire one of the Chirpa footmen (indigenous wafters and gurglemen) to plot the best climb route for FarDuck (which can be quite brutal if the weather turns bad.) But, I certainly won't be able to afford outfitters and professional snoodmongers to lead a formal expedition.

I'll explore the Tang-Pong caverns (if there has been no seismic activity recently) and spelunk in total darkness by means of a new luminescent spray which has just come on the market. (You spray your clothing and stand close to a bright light for thirty seconds. You will maintain a bright glow for nearly three hours!)

I hope to spearfish some of the albino cave fish (many of whom resemble prehistoric pirhanna with no pupils in their eyesockets!) and build a fire 500 feet below the surface by taking advantage of the natural vents leading up through the now dormant volcano.

In the final week of my vacation I'll attempt paragliding by means of the strong updrafts off Farduck on the western side where the famous crow-spiders build web-cocoons and capture tiny klik-klik birds to lay their eggs in. (When the spiders hatch they eat their way out of the bird while in flight causing the spider to waft on the air currents into nearby cliff crevices.)

I'll sleep under the Borealis and plot the tangents of the crab nebulae with a sextant made of boorah twigs and redsilk from an old Kabballah thread. And, if I'm especially lucky, I'll meet the local legend and poohbah Kharis Plonck and ask for a psychic reading (for which he is justly famous). Plonck is certainly a phoney and con artist, but, his readings are sought after by the wealthy because they invariably "come true."

It should be quite a hoot.

I'll take lots of HD photos and post them when I get back. Sounds like fun, huh?

• awildflower
    awildflower

Sounds way fun Terry!!

• Terry
    Terry

It is more than fun! It is catachronic and flumdolorous!

Einstein said his most fertile period in life and his most productive was sitting in a Patent office as a clerk dreaming up thought experiments.

All his great work was done daydreaming while being paid to be a clerk in Berne, Switzerland.

After that, he was never productive again. Never came up with doodly-squat.

I'm in my Einstein period vaction-wise.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've got 5 weeks of vacation time coming so I'll be splitting it up. A week in June for some painting and other work around the house. Two weeks in August to hang around the house and do as little as possible. The rest of my time will be used to stay home from work on those days when I just can't be bothered going in.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Two weeks in August to hang around the house and do as little as possible.

Keepin' it real.

Syl

• awildflower
    awildflower

Man that would be nice, just to do nothing. I might try that

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Man that would be nice, just to do nothing.

Just be careful. It can be habit forming.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit