What hope is there then?

by sayitsnotso 290 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sayitsnotso
    sayitsnotso

If JWs don't have the truth; if there is no paradise earth; if there is no end of this system; if death is all there is, then what hope do we have to look forward too?

• shamus100
    shamus100

I love how Jehovahs Witnesses harp on the scripture "where else shall we go?"

They are the ones with their heads in the sand with the nagging doubts but just saying "what else is there?". Until they're 80 and nearly dead and they have wasted their lives. It really sickens me.

You need to ask the right questions. (I'm not saying you're a witness, just saying')

• donny
    donny

The hope of making this life be all that it can be. I have been out for almost 18 years and I am happier now than I ever was when I was in the organization.

Donny

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I had a bacon cheeseburger at lunch that was to die for.

Hang in there, you'll find plenty to live for.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The truth may not be as simple as a relgion laying it out for you. Pray and read the bible, let God show you the truth.

• undercover
    undercover

To win the powerball lottery? At least the odds of that are measurable and provable...

• watson
    watson

I look forward to every day! I like doing things. I laugh, cry, enjoy, suffer, share, receive, etc. We can hope all day, every day, but if we don't go out and do something with our lives, then yes, it's a waste. I spent the first 45 years of my life.....waiting. Done with that.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Jesus of Nazareth, our blessed hope!

I advise getting to know HIM - not the Watch Tower version, though!

Sylvia

• carla
    carla

You may think when your dead that's all there is, but I know where I'm going! and I will be fully me and fully conscious. Have you researched any other beliefs at all? any other bible besides the perverted NWT? you may find without wearing the glasses of the wt your views may change.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

At your earliest convenience, please read Steve Hassan's first book, 'Combatting Cult Mind Control'. You'll learn that you've been slowly indoctrinated to believe that your future is either Paradise Earth or nothing. This is a false dichotomy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit