15 year old dies after family turns down blood tranfusion

by looloo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Here in the states, usually, the hospital will try and get the court to take custody. I have helped in a couple

instances when i was nursing.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

This has been on the news this evening. Very sad.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

this is a tragedy and I don't wish harm on anyone.............. but my spin is: I thought the angels were going around with the witlesses in the preaching work?

angels could not stop the bad bad car?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"but my spin is: I thought the angels were going around with the witlesses in the preaching work?"

I used to think that too. I've heard of too many people robbed, beat up, killed in service, or coming and going to the hall. There is no HS working to protect JWs (or anyone else).

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

If we're being pedantic the report says he was going into a shop for sweets when it happened...not door knocking...still its so very sad...

Loz x

• conoroberst
    conoroberst

for goodness sakes don't make this poor boys death a lame excuse to knock WTBTS policy, he didn't die because of a lack of blood transfusion (which UK courts will enforce on minors if there is medical case) he died because he was crushed against a wall by a car.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Accident at 11:15, died at 5:30 P.M...

"The Shireland Collegiate Academy student was airlifted to Birmingham’s Selly Oak Hospital following the accident at 11.15am on Saturday. Also injured was a 24-year-old woman, who had been out preaching with Joshua, who lived locally.

Paramedics and firefighters battled to free Joshua, wary that the building, which had partly crumbled, could totally collapse at any time if they did not take the greatest care.

He suffered serious abdominal and leg injuries, and lost his fight for life at around 5.30pm that evening...."

While it is entirely possible that he would have died from his injuries even if he were given a blood transfusion, the inability to do so would have hampered the doctors' efforts to save him.

In a life-or-death situation, ANY delay or impediment to proper medical care can mean death for the patient...

Zid

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

a decision they will live to regret.

• Gayle
    Gayle

This verifies blood transfusion was denied by this JW boy!!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/175764/Jehovah-s-Witness-boy-Joshua-McAuley-refused-transfusion-

This makes me so angry! This wonderful boy didn't get to grow up and leave this religion. I would have denied a blood transfusion at his age, but I got to grow up and leave this horrible destruction religion, have children and grandchildren.

• WTWizard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit