Crazy things Sisters put on the Head when they Pray...

by Confucious 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

I remember a sister that put a tissue over her head as a headcovering...

• mouthy
    mouthy

I used to put a TEA COSY!!! Because my hubby wasnt a JW ,That gave him first laugh every day

• crapola
    crapola

Been there, done that, always thought it was silly. I've used cloth baby diapers, hankies, scarfs, anything to cover the head. Crazy if you ask me.

• blondie
    blondie

The women in the congregations I attended always had a scarf in their bookbag; there was one at the KH for when we met there and at the book study centers. So I never saw any bizarre headcoverings.

• undercover
    undercover

I used to wonder about the whole headcovering thing. JWs took that literally but ignored the scripture that admonished women to keep quiet in the congregations...

It surely would have worked better had they reversed these...

undercover (of the ducks and runs class)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can remember seeing them go by the window of the door, and use the curtain on the window for their head. Which, to me, was a complete waste. This ended when they got new light about an unbaptized "brother" not requiring a "sister" to wear this stupid thing, along with the "proper head gear" rule. Also, I got baptized soon after, and whenever I was the only "brother" out, I would get stuck saying the damn prayer.

• snowbird
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Jehovah's Witnesses, not as bad for women as Islam."

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I always felt sorry for sisters always having to be reminded of their inferiority to men

When I got baptised it felt so wrong for a 15 year old twerp of a boy taking the lead when meeting for FS if there were more spiritual & more experienced intelligent women available that would have done a far better job than me!!!

It made me squirm............... & then having to stand up think of way to ask for JG's HS on our efforts that was different from the time I had to pray before .

I never believed I was talking to anyone when I stood up prayed for HS on our work.

What a fraud I was.

• Heaven
    Heaven

How about a pancake like this cute bunny here! (thanks to sacolton for posting this on another thread... it made me LOL!)

Pancake on Bunny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit