Crazy things Sisters put on the Head when they Pray...

by Confucious 31 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

As Paul said, " As or us, we have NO SUCH custom"....

I guess they misssed that part.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I remember older sisters from the 1940s who would never remove their hats or head scarves while in the KH, as apparently in some places, that was the custom that JW women always had to have their head covered during the meetings, so they could comment.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I used to go on Bible Studies with sisters back when I pioneered. I always let them conduct their own studies, and they would have to wear head coverings. It was pretty funny watching them explain this to the householder. "yeah, because of the angels, i am gonna need to wear this scarf today, since this guy here is a baptized member of our church"..

LOL

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

That's an awesome idea...good enough to be called to heavento sit at the right hand of god, but not good enough to not submit to dunked 8 year old boy.

Behold the power of the magical penis!

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

"When I got baptised it felt so wrong for a 15 year old twerp of a boy taking the lead when meeting for FS if there were more spiritual & more experienced intelligent women available that would have done a far better job than me!!!"

Hey it wasn't a cake walk for me.. I was 12 and leading the FS meeting... felt like a freak in a cult oh wait I was.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

My grandma used a potholder or a tea towel. Whichever was closer.

Try not to laugh during those prayers. When your 9 that is funny stuff.

tt

• undercover
    undercover
    When I got baptised it felt so wrong for a 15 year old twerp of a boy taking the lead when meeting for FS if there were more spiritual & more experienced intelligent women available that would have done a far better job than me!!!

They didn't listen anyway, so why bother having a boy trying to lead a bunch of head-strong women? When I was a teen and tried leading the group in service, after I made up car groups, the sisters, specifically elder's wives, rearranged them as soon as "amen" was uttered. It was an exercise in futility, trying to put an elders' wife or pioneer sister in a car group.

One sister insisted on driving her car....'cept she was the worst driver in the hall...she was dangerous, she was so bad. I personally refused to ride with her so I always tried to not put other people's lives in danger by assigning them to her car...instead I put her in someone elses van. As soon as the group was dismissed she ran around re-arranging things so she could drive. The elders finally told me to leave her alone and let her drive. I told em that the blood would be on their heads...

• jam
    jam

The comedian G. Carlin stated, he would never join any religious where you must wear a hat for men and

head cover for women or you can not wear any head gear. Some body got it wrong, The Pope, Muslim and

Judaism must wear a head gear then we have the other Christian group say it is inappropriate for men to

wear hats. Do you really think God care if you wear a pointed hat or paper tissue on your head.

• man in black
    man in black

is a tea cozy a doilly ?

• Confucious
    Confucious

hahaha... a pancake. hahahhaha.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit