desktop computer in my car?

by asilentone 16 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

I have a netbook, it is great but bulky when quickly surfing at a stoplight.

If you don't live in a big city that has lots of hotspots.......get the usb mobile stick.

Why don't you just use your cellphone or get an I-Touch?

• John Doe
  • marriedtojw
    marriedtojw

There are actually a lot of things you can do with a car computer... you hook it up to your ODBCII port for on the fly ECU programming depending on your application and monitoring..for people who blog alot the car can tweet different things such as trips your on ... and its just a fun hobby for people who like to mess with their cars....

• Scott77
    Scott77

How about the risky of accident through distraction?

• marriedtojw
    marriedtojw

Well if you're that stupid to use the computer to type up a presentation for a meeting while you're running late to work.. you probably shouldn't install it in the first place.. But for all the other benefits, including giving your passenger things to do on long trips, using it for up to date gps turn by turn with weather and traffic.. full bluetooth support for handsfree calling, streaming internet radio, 1TB of storage space for MP3's in full surround, or movies (streamed to all the back seat headrests) also in full surround, car performance monitoring and tuning amongst other things.. I don't see how its any more distracting than a cell phone, a gps system or anything else..

If you're that type of person where you're easily distracted during driving... the fact you have a 7" computer screen built into the dash of your car won't matter.. because if its not that then it will be something else that causes you to have an accident ....cell phone, texting, internet on the cell phone, reading the newspaper, doing makeup, eating, doing homework... you name it.. i've seen it.....

• asilentone
    asilentone

Scott, I will only use it when I am at the stoplight, etc... I will never use it when I am driving.

• asilentone
    asilentone

marriedtojw, thanks for the info!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit