desktop computer in my car?

by asilentone 16 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

I think I would like to have a desktop computer in my car. Is that possible?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Why would you want that?

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Why not a laptop or netbook?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I just thought it would be cool to have that in my car, I am not really sure if it would be good for me or not. I have never heard of desktop computer in a car, but I have seen cop cars have a "computer" in it, you know.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

A laptop powered from the cigarette lighter with a usb modem should work almost everywhere.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I do not want laptop, I want a desktop computer, it is much easier to use it.

• shamus100
  • asilentone
    asilentone

I might consider netbook. I have never used it before.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Shamus, are you speechless?

• marriedtojw
    marriedtojw

already done this... I put a computer in the back using a power controller/regulator that keeps the computer powered on when you turn the ignition on (since it draws so many ampere's it would kill your computer otherwise), a laptop harddrive since it absorbs more shock and a 7" screen in the dash... i tethered with my cell phone giving me full live gps turn by turn routing along with live weather and traffic updates... internet access for the passenger and live movie streaming for the kids...

www.mp3car.com has all the info you need for something like this including pre-done dual-din in-dash computers :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit