Watchtower's PR pieces springing up today

by Dogpatch 26 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

She emailed me and explained why she deleted it- the family had sold the newspaper to Gannet group some years ago. She could have corrected that part, but it was too easy to delete a comment that she didn't personally like.- isn't that how censorship works?

• changeling
    changeling

Just added my " 2cents" worth: RG says:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

May 17, 2010 at 11:21 am

In reply to “Stuart” who said that those who are critical of JW’s are people who were disfellowshipped for gross moral sins, and are bitter and disgruntled, I want to say that this is not the case in many, many instances.
    Many are like me, a former lifelong witness who is not DF’d, who live moral, happy lives with nothing to be ashamed of, and who see the religion as false and hypocritical.
    There is no blanket “one size fits all” description of former witness who are critical of the religion. We do have one thing in common, though: we see the truth about “the truth”.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Pretty fishy. My comments went up IMMEDIATELY without moderators allowing it. Then they sensed the backlash on their pet cult, and began censoring everything.

Send them fruitcake for Christmas.

Randy

• moshe
    moshe

Get-Religion has locked their comments. They didn't like all the ex-JW's pointing out how much the reporter missed in his story about JWs. I see now the real issue- religion reporters just have a job, shilling for mainstream religion and not upsetting anyone too greatly, which could end up getting their stories canned. Newspapers just don't care to print the seedy side of the WatchTower religion, sunning, child molestation, deaths from no- blood transfusions, no higher education, no charities, etc- it just doesn't sell newspapers. JWs are just 1/10% of the population, so if they go and kill themselves, another carpet layer/roofer can easliy be found to replace them. I challenged the get-religion writers to do a real WT story, but I am afraid they view that type of story as a career ending story for religious writing. So, lets go write a cool story called, "Jesus L-O-V-E-S your dog, too", people love that sappy stuff.

JWs are weird and weird doesn't feel good, so that topic is off limits for a religion writer.

Randy, I know it must feel like a thankless job, but I admire you for telling your story to the public. Even if mainstream journalism considers JWs/WT a non-story, we know better.

• huxley2.0
    huxley2.0

Sent:

May 17, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Unfortunately for those that were born into this religion, there is no graceful way to exit.

If you become baptized in this religion, and later in life choose an alternate spiritual path, you will either need to resign (disassociate) or you will be removed forcibly (disfellowshipped). Whether you willingly resign, or are removed forcibly you will be shunned.

That means family and friends will hear an announcement at the Kingdom Hall that says, “______your name is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.” After that, your friends and family will not speak to you for fear of being forcibly removed themselves.

The next time the Jehovah’s Witnesses come to your door, ask them about their shunning policy!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Aussie Oz says:

May 18, 2010 at 6:13 am

Perhaps the most widely PRINTED. Not read, as most copies end up piling up in Jehovah’s Witnesses own closets.

Indeed, the Watchtower society knows this as they have recently change magazine collection from each JW having a set order for ‘placing’ to only take what you actually CAN place

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

left a comment, long list of comments

cool

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit