Watchtower's PR pieces springing up today

by Dogpatch 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Time to whack-a-mole!

http://nyrm.org/2010/05/13/the-most-widely-read-magazine-in-the-world/comment-page-1/#comment-86

http://www.getreligion.org/?p=33663

Is someone new in charge of PR all of a sudden? Why not tell them your story, no registration required.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Comment added!

Thx Dogpatch.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Posted comment.

Did you notice the Bible in the first picture just said "Holy Bible" on it.

It should have had "New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures" on it.

Makes me think the picture was posed by non-JWs for the article.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Thanks, Randy! Good find. I've posted my comments. It looks like there is a 'moderator' who reviews the comments before releasing them on the first site. The second one, seems to go in immediately.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Our comments are being removed from the Get Religion link (the second one Randy listed). So much for freedom of speech.

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

i POSTED ON THE FIRST LINK HOPE MORE POST

• moshe
    moshe

I have their phone number- called it- no answer. This should be interesting- hey, JudgeR, can I give them your name for a home Bible study?

• shamus100
    shamus100

I have to wonder about the authors who even ran the story. Weird!

This is a good way to inundate them with replies so some people who have loved ones just 'studying' with them can get a feel for what their lives will be like.

I like simple comments that drive the point home - keep it simple stupid (KISS)

Kiss me!

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I added this comment to the first link. It's still awaiting moderation though.

---------

I found this quote in the above article interesting. “Articles might answer questions like “Should you be honest at all times?””

The thing is if Jehovah’s Witnesses were honest and upfront about their beliefs and barbaric practices (such as a family shunning their own son or daughter/brother or sister/mother or father who chooses to leave the JW religion) then very few would join this religion.

Hopscotch

• Heaven
    Heaven

At the Get Religion site, they want to talk about "Journalism" not Jehovah's Witnesses.

Edited to add: Here was my second attempt -- I felt it was appropriate:

"I would like to see the Jehovah’s Witnesses move into the modern age and start publishing their stuff online. But because their membership is expected to ‘donate’ when they pick up their magazines at the local Kingdom Hall, this will probably not happen.

If you’ve read any of the Jehovah’s Wintesses publications you will quickly see they have a formula. Your only salvation is with them.

For more information about Jehovah’s Witnesses check out:

http://www.jwfacts.com "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit