A Plea to JWs That Are Attending This Year's District Convention...

by Tuesday 44 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

Help.Is it true on the new DVD they limited the end time to the end of second overlapping generation?

B

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

They can stretch this over lapping generation for more if they really wanted to.

A baby born just recently could be said to be in the same generation of someone whose in their 90's or 100's.

Sweet Watchtower propaganda, well the marketing executives ( GB ) have to keep the money rolling in somehow

don't they ?

Religion can bullshit themselves any way they want to .... Why is that ?

Because they are allowed to thats why.

If you think the JWS/WTS. is a scam, take a close analytical look at the legalized religion of Scientology.

They have a bunch of DVDs you can purchase too to gain spiritual enlightenment.

Why stay in the dark out of god's light . Now buy something you filthy nonspiritual heathens.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Great work as usual, Tim. I feel like this video doesn't need to be seen ONLY before the conventions to be effective. The cognitive dissonance caused by that generation talk is going to be one of the heaviest things on many active Dubs' "cognitive dissonance shelf" and when they are ready to explore, they'll come across the video.

I don't youtube (yet) so this is a naive question. Can you put metadata in your vids to make them more findable in searches? I notice the word "generation" isn't in the vid title but I think it needs to be somewhere in there for the sake of google (especially after the District Convention season is over). A newly doubting/questioning Dub may google something like "1914 generation" and totally miss your vid.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    I don't youtube (yet) so this is a naive question. Can you put metadata in your vids to make them more findable in searches? I notice the word "generation" isn't in the vid title but I think it needs to be somewhere in there for the sake of google (especially after the District Convention season is over). A newly doubting/questioning Dub may google something like "1914 generation" and totally miss your vid.

There's a thing called tags that you put in when you create the video, this way if someone types in one of those terms or a combination of those terams the video will be found. In this case the tags on this video are as follows:

jw jehovah 's witnesses watchtower awake district convention release timkilgore tim kilgore 1914 generation 607 bce new light

• Quirky1
  • shopaholic
    shopaholic

If I were in, this video would have made me pause and think twice.

The part that struck me the most was when Tim said to ask yourself how you would respond to the new generation logic if this were any other religion. If more JWs took an objective look at the religion or with the scrutiny they apply to other religions, the membership would probably go down by half.

BTW...327?!!!! Way to go!

• designs
    designs

Tim, maybe some smart computer wiz could put your video up on the big screen at a ballpark during the main talk

They've bought themselves time and they've literally bought the farm (land) in New York, sold out of Brooklyn at a good time and will bank the bucks $$. The 75 crowd is close to retiring now, those that stayed, it should be interesting to see the developments in the next 20 years as they pass off the scene.

What is the social value of Religion. After the big push in the 80s and 90s with the Moral Majority that has faded. Most Catholics seem comfortable defying the Pope on Birth Control and no longer look to the Pope as the absolute authority in their lives. Bush's Evangelicalism is fading as well.

Pick as grass roots charity that is doing good in your community, there's a lot of good to be done for our kids and their kids to come

Make the world a better place little by little

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good morning Tim!!..

A little off topic..But..MAdJW did bring up Timmy..

The most popular place to go for coffee in Canada,is "Timmys"(Canadian nick name for Tim Hortons)..

I don`t know anyone who won`t drive extra,to get a coffee there..

File:Tim Hortons.jpgAll is forgiven, Tim!

And..

If MAdJW were any Dumber..You`d have to water him..

http://advocatesstudio.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/potted-plant.jpg

............................. ...OUTLAW

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Tim, maybe some smart computer wiz could put your video up on the big screen at a ballpark during the main talk

Um it depends on what software they're using and if they're connected to WiFi. That's highly unlikely, even if I were a computer genius I'd need to know the electronics portion of it. If it were visual basic coding they'd be in for a world of hurt :)

I don't think it needs to play on the big screen, just get the video out to as many people as possible.

We have Tim Horton's in New England, I actually have one near me that is a Tim Horton's and a Cold Stone Creamery in the same building. It's havok for one's diet. The most popular breakfast place in New England is Dunkin Donuts without a doubt. I think if I could somehow get my hands on all the Dunkin Donuts' coffee in New England for a week I'd be able to hold New England for ransom.

• poppers
    poppers

Actually not totally to the choir the total of active JWs that have contacted me to tell me they left due to my videos or some after effect of my videos is 327.

Incredible. Keep up the good work. I'll bet there are many others who've seen your videos and are on the way out but are working on how to go about it, and a bunch more who are now having doubts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit