Dreams of the Second Coming of Christ

by sacolton 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• sacolton
    sacolton

I don't believe dreams have any divine meaning, but I had the most vivid dream last night and wondered if others have had dreams of the Second Coming of Christ. From what I remember, I was at work and there was a huge trumpet blast and the sky split in two with a bright light. Christ and all the angels appeared and I fell to my knees. It was a very emotional dream to say the least.

Hope to get some serious replies, but I expect some ridicule and jokes too.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Nice to see you posting again, by the way :)

I have never had any dream like that, but to be honest, the whole second coming thing is very low on my "interest meter".

Do I think it will happen?

Truthfully I don't know.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I had a similar dream once.

I was at my favorite shopping center, and the sky turned the funniest color.

It was an awe-inspiring spectacle.

Sylvia

• Heaven
    Heaven

Yes I have (but I was not at work when it happens). And they are very emotional indeed from an overwhelming joy.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I didn't mean that I had the dream while I was at work (even though some days I could easily fall asleep at my desk), but the whole thing took place while I was at work and everyone stopped what they were doing to witness this grand event.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I remember feeling an overwhelming sense of joyous anticipation, mingled with a little nervousness.

Sylvia

• sacolton
    sacolton

Same for me, Snowbird. I was humbled beyond words.

• tec
    tec

I had a similar dream. Not so much about the appearance of Christ and the second coming, but about judgement afterward. A few other people and I were gathered around a woman who was naked. Jesus was there, and I don't remember any words, but I do remember feeling that he was saying, you are all responsible for her nakedness. I remember getting up and putting my coat around her, and leading her away to take care of her. To make amends, and because it was what Jesus wanted us to do.

I remember feeling a sort of stern approval for taking responsibility.

It also felt very emotional. Lots of tears, but from hope and joy, thankful to finally be doing the right thing.

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, blessed Day.

Come quickly!

Sylvia

• tec
    tec

Yes. Humbled beyond words is a great description. I felt that as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit