Great Crowd or narrow path?

by Catmancoop 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Catmancoop
    Catmancoop

In Jesus Sermon on the Mount, he speaks of a narrow path that few will find, yet JW's teach of a Great Crowd, which no one will be able to number....the number currently is just over 7 million....so what gives? Is it a small number of people or a great crowd?

• cult classic
    cult classic

good catch on the wording catmancoop. I never thought about it like that before. I'm gonna case neither...... lol

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

It's which ever one they're arguing in favour of at any given time. They're not too bright, but they are at least bright enough to know not to argue in favour of both simaltaneously.

• Mary
    Mary

he speaks of a narrow path that few will find, yet JW's teach of a Great Crowd, which no one will be able to number....the number currently is just over 7 million....so what gives?

Their theory on this is that when you compare the 7 million JWs with the earth's population of almost 7 billion, that they are indeed the "few" who are on the "narrow road." The ironic thing is that while they claim that they are "few", they have no problem viewing these 7 million "few" as "the Great Multitude/Crowd" described in Revelation. Typical of the Borg where they twist the scriptures to suit their own agenda.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

With so many people leaving they really dont have a clue how many people are really in it. :-)

• AGuest
    AGuest

There is no narrow road, dear CatMan (peace to you!); however, there is a cramped one. One of the reasons the WTBTS explanation is SO confusing, however, is because they haven't a CLUE as to what either ARE. Here's the verse:

“Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it."

The "narrow gate"... is my Lord, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESUAH MISCHAJAH. (John 10:7) He is the "Door" through which all who wish to come to God MUST go. He is also the cramped road... or "Way"... again, through which ALL who come to the God must go. (John 14:6)

Thus, all things are YES... by means of HIM.

But... the WTBTS can't really teach this... in a way that is easily understandable... because they don't KNOW this... because they don't KNOW that One. They have not FOUND him ("FEW are the ones finding [it]").

They know... as they teach... "of" him: they take in knowledge OF him. But the verse originally stated that "this means everlasting life, their KNOWING you... the True God... AND the One whom you sent forth." Because they DON'T know him... they can't teach that all things... ALL things that are prophesied about speaking with, walking with, hearing, listening to, approaching... and seeing... the TRUE God... can ONLY be YES... by means of him.

So, instead, they "climb up some other place"... and break in. They absolutely BYPASS the Door/Narrow Gate/Way/Cramped Road/Truth/Life. And so, they are thieves... and plunderers. In another Man's "house"... without HIS permission.

I hope this helps and, again, I bid you peace.

A slave of that Door/Narrow Gate/Way/Cramped Road/Truth/Life, Christ,

SA

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome Catmancoop!

Indeed, it is all about Jesus, no-one else. That is why the path is narrow and the gate too John 10, John 14

This about sums it up

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

And this

Matthew 11:28-30 (New International Version)

28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

John 7:37 (New International Version)

37 On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.

I am afraid 7 million JWs are not actually seeking Jesus but rather the WT.

John 5:39-40 (New International Version)

39 You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Blessings,

Stephen

• wobble
    wobble

Welcome Catmancoop !

I see we have got ourselves another thinker on board !

When you get time, tell us a bit about yourself, we are a nosey bunch !

Kind regards,

Wobble

• Hadit
    Hadit

And the board grows! Welcome Catmancoop . As per Wobble - yes - please do tell us a bit.

AGuest and Chalam - great answers!

Hadit

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Stephen... ! The GREATEST of love and peace to you, dear one...

YOUR servant... and FELLOW slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit