For JWs Who Now 'Smell The Coffee:' A Survival Mechanism

by Room 215 21 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Actually, you'd be surprised how many people really won't miss you once you quit for good. It is tougher if you have a lot of JW family that keep harrassing you but as for the so-called "friends" at the hall...once you miss so many meetings, they'll pretty much forget about you. Even people who you thought were pretty close to will disappear.

I can corroborate that. It makes me so glad that I didn't completely sever ties to non-JW friends, who are all much less backstabby than they all were.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Thanks for all the insights, folks. In my case, I view it as part of my duty to my wife, kids, grandkids, all of whom I have to accept partial responsibility for as far as their being involved....thankfully, all of them are comfortably on the periphery, i.e., career and education-oriented, playing organized sports, honoring Mothers and Fathers Days, going and then not going to meetings, etc. , etc. ... they treat JWism are more or less like their religion, aren't judgmental about non-JWs......in short it's their "religion" ..... they regard as "fanatic" any effort to guilt them into "doing more" and are adept at politely tuning it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit