Use only your Bible and tell me if you can answer this

by dgp 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Jesus told the Jewish Leaders 'Your house is abandoned to you' Jehovah had promised them a Messiah through the Law Covenant but they rejected him and subsequently killed him so as a nation he abandoned them since they broke that covenant.

Paul recorded that 'Jesus was the end of the law' which was only 'a shadow leading to Christ' hence no more need for adhering to stoning and Sabbaths etc..

People still die until the 'kingdom comes' which is why he told us to pray for it.

Based on the 'life for a life' principle in the Mosaic Law Jehovah had to repurchase the lives that were lost by Adam's sin...Jesus was the price he paid. Hence Romans 5 v 12.

Loz x

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I'm sure there I could find more nonsense if I tried.

So are you asking because you want to "show up" people, or are you sincerely interested in the answers? The reason I ask is that your above statement causes me to doubt your sincerity. FWIW, I hope that I am wrong.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Why must we still die after Jesus sacrificed himself?

And as it is reserved for men to die once for all time, but after this a judgment, 28 so also the Christ was offered once for all time to bear the sins of many; and the second time that he appears it will be apart from sin and to those earnestly looking for him for [their] salvation.
    Hebrews 9:26

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

As for Israel being chosen - Duet 8:4-14

Do not say in your heart when Jehovah your God pushes them away from before you this, ‘It was for my own righteousness that Jehovah has brought me in to take possession of this land,’ whereas it is for the wickedness of these nations that Jehovah is driving them away from before you. 5 It is not for your righteousness or for the uprightness of your heart that you are going in to take possession of their land; in fact, it is for the wickedness of these nations that Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you, and in order to carry out the word that Jehovah swore to your forefathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. 6 And you must know that it is not for your righteousness that Jehovah your God is giving you this good land to take possession of it; for you are a stiff-necked people.
    7 “Remember: Do not forget how you have provoked Jehovah your God in the wilderness. From the day that you went out of the land of Egypt until YOUR coming to this place YOU people have proved rebellious in YOUR behavior with Jehovah. 8 Even in Ho′reb YOU provoked Jehovah to anger so that Jehovah got incensed at YOU to the point of annihilating YOU. 9 When I went up the mountain to receive the stone tablets, the tablets of the covenant that Jehovah had concluded with YOU, and I kept dwelling in the mountain forty days and forty nights, (I neither ate bread nor drank water,) 10 then Jehovah gave me the two tablets of stone written upon with God’s finger; and upon them were all the words that Jehovah had spoken with YOU in the mountain out of the middle of the fire in the day of the congregation. 11 And it came about that at the end of the forty days and forty nights Jehovah gave me the two tablets of stone, the tablets of the covenant; 12 and Jehovah proceeded to say to me, ‘Get up, go down quickly from here, because your people whom you brought out of Egypt have acted ruinously. They have turned aside quickly from the way about which I commanded them. They have made themselves a molten image.’ 13 And Jehovah went on to say this to me, ‘I have seen this people, and, look! it is a stiff-necked people. 14 Let me alone that I may annihilate them and wipe out their name from under the heavens, and let me make you a nation mightier and more populous than they are.’

• dgp
    dgp

Sherah, scriptural quotations would be great. I don't think there will be any for why animals and plants die. I will write a bit about the wage of sin, and then you'll see what I meant.

Maybe I'm missing something on what I'm being given as answers. In any case, and not trying to be disrespectful, I don't think speculations would answer any of these questions. Speculations about the Bible is exactly what I don't expect a Jehovah's witness, of all Bible people, to give me. I would really love them to give me an unequivocal verse about those questions. Also, I don't want an answer like "I find it hard to separate this from that", because that's an evasive. In all the answers I just saw a few Bible quotes, not the usual rapid fire of them.

Yes, nowhere in the Bible it says that life is not finite. But "the wage of sin is death" is found in Romans somewhere. I suppose this isn't a lie. Therefore it follows that he who doesn't sin, doesn't die. We have established a cause-and-effect relationship here. And we're not talking about "spiritual death", because for a Jehovah's witness there's no such thing as physical death AND spiritual death: there's death only. They make it their point to say so, and, if you're a Catholic, the first thing they ridicule is the Catholic concept of an immortal soul. There's death, and that's it, they say. And then, if I were to accept the distinction between "spiritual death" and "physical death", then I want to make clear that, quite obviously, I meant "physical death". Holding otherwise would suggest that apple trees die a physical death but not a spiritual one, and then there are I don't know how many apple tree souls out there.

So, dogs and cats and goldfish, apple trees and grass can't sin, ERGO they should not die. Their life shouldn't be finite. And why did Jesus himself die, in that case, if he didn't sin? And then, why didn't Elijah die? What kind of death did Jesus die? Show me the verse where it says he died a physical one, not a spiritual one (as if there were two "deaths").

I didn't make my question about the ranson, atonement, grace or whatever clear. I'm not asking a question about who is supposed to have benefitted from it, that is to say, us. My question is who got the payment. As in "here, the nasty creatures I myself created, in full knowledge that they would sin, did indeed sin by eating from a tree I myself created and made it a point to have grow near where my creatures would live, in full knowledge that they would eat from it, so here's the atonement/grace/ransom/whatever so they will be free". Who is at the receiving end?

I realize that some of my questions have more to do with my understanding of Christian beliefs, and the nonsense I see, than with a mere "Give me that verse". For example, if I ask "Where is Elijah?", the answer is "In the Heavens". If I then ask "And where in the heavens is he?", that's a different matter. It has to do with believing the man is in the heavens (which I don't) or not (which other people do). But, still, I find that some of my questions haven't got a clear answer. Saying that life is not finite is not an answer to the question of why trees and birds die if they never sinned.

Sometimes this Bible gymnastics is seen as useless. Not in this case. Now I know what Bible ping pong is like.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

FYI I don't believe all what JW's believe anymore, and what I posted, especially about death in Hebrews they don't teach, since that means those during the great tribulation would never have died, contrary to that.

• tec
    tec

I'm sorry, dgp. But I'm not sure how to answer you now. You're asking questions, and then stating that only an answer that meets the standards you are setting (physical death and not spiritual death) qualifies as a proper answer. If that's what you want, then that's fine. But the bible clearly speaks about spiritual and physical death, so it cannot be dismissed.

"Let the dead bury their own dead." Matthew 8:22

"He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." John 11:25-26

"But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code." Romans 7:6

"The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace." Romans 8:6

"... offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life..." Romans 6:13

If you can accept that sin brings about spiritual death, then there is no conflict about plants and animals dying without sinning. Unless you can show me the scripture that says plants and animals have a spirit.

Plants and animals die because that is the cycle of life. Period.

Tammy

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Our Salvation is based on God;s grace through Jesus.

Why? Why is God's grace limited to passing through Jesus? Why is God so limited?

Why does God need a ransom for Adam's sin? Why is he passing on the sin of the father to the son, which I understand is wrong? Why is God so limited, and why does He choose to break his own rule?

Why does God need a ransom for anything? Why is he so limited? If he "is love", if he is all powerful, if he can create a universe, if he can put all physical and moral law into play, why must he be bound by a balancing sacrifice of a perfect man for a perfect man?

"If it doesn't make sense, it didn't happen" -Judge Judy

• dgp
    dgp

So, do Jehovah's witnesses believe there are two kinds of death?

What about who got payment for our sins?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

dpg - just that thought of 'who got payment' brought some things I recently read to mind........scriptures speaking of Satan getting a hold of us / man because of Adam listening to him. That puts us in his bondage. In ancient Israel, with the goat offerings, one was sent to azarael or a name sounding like that, which I believe is in another ancient book a name for Satan. Jesus death could be payment to that one in a sense for our sins and taking possession. When he dies, and for 3 days is dead, he gets the 'key' and when he is resurrected, he now has the key, and the authority to release from the bondage of sin/death. - all of that just popped in my mind as a possibility, I have to actually read the scriptures now lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit