Use only your Bible and tell me if you can answer this

by dgp 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dgp
    dgp

I saw a similar post on this board once. But I wonder if anyone can use ONLY the Bible and answer the following questions:

Why do trees and animals die, since they didn't sin?

Who got the ransom, atonement or whatever it is called?

Why did that ransom, atonement, whatever... had to be paid?

In what way does the death of a man "does away" with the sins of all others, since those others still have to toe the line and obey Jehovah, OR ELSE?

Why did the Jews lose the status of God's Chosen People, to be just another group of people God might save IF THEY OBEY?

If you have to obey Jehovah to be saved, and he is all-powerful, why did Jesus have to die?

Who said we don't have to stone people to death, for example?

Why did Jesus NOT appear to everyone else after he came back from the dead, and instead chose the difficult way and appeared only before a few, his true believers, instead of appearing to a non-believer who would thus provide a more credible witness to other people?

Why do we still have to die if Jesus died for our sins?

Where is Elijah now? How did he appear to Jesus in the company of Moses, since he is presumably still alive?

Why were Joseph and Mary afraid that Herod might kill the baby Jesus, considering that all prophecies had to be fulfilled, and we can't hold God not to get his prophecies straight and let any minuscule event get in the way?

I'm sure there I could find more nonsense if I tried. Would anyone comment on this?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Life is finite, nowhere does the bible mention that life is immortal.

Do you mean God;s gift of Grace?

Same question above.

In what way does the death of a man "does away" with the sins of all others, since those others still have to toe the line and obey Jehovah, OR ELSE?

Don't understand what you mean here...

Why did the Jews lose the status of God's Chosen People, to be just another group of people God might save IF THEY OBEY?

They turned their back on the Word of God and put their trust in man and man's Law.

If you have to obey Jehovah to be saved, and he is all-powerful, why did Jesus have to die?

Our Salvation is based on God;s grace through Jesus.

??

Why did Jesus NOT appear to everyone else after he came back from the dead, and instead chose the difficult way and appeared only before a few, his true believers, instead of appearing to a non-believer who would thus provide a more credible witness to other people?

You can always ask him ;)

Good question, probably because we are not immortal.

Where is Elijah now? How did he appear to Jesus in the company of Moses, since he is presumably still alive?

Elijah was carried up to heaven if I recall correctly.

Why were Joseph and Mary afraid that Herod might kill the baby Jesus, considering that all prophecies had to be fulfilled, and we can't hold God not to get his prophecies straight and let any minuscule event get in the way?

You will notice that, even those closest to God, always took matters into their own hands.

A lesson for us all.

• sherah
    sherah

Good luck with getting the answers to these questions!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

re: Elijah

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Of course, Paul also mentions more than one heaven, so while Elijah did go to "A" heaven, he did not go to "THE" heaven, so when Jesus stated:

"no one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man.

That is not a contridication at all.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

And of course, as we know, when Jesus showed John, James and Peter his "transfiguration" they also saw Moses and Elijah there too, just chilling and play cards with the Big J.

:)

• sherah
    sherah

Dgp, do you want scriptural citations?

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Great questions. Very thought provoking.

• tec
    tec

PSac got this one already. The bible doesn't say that the physical body will live forever. Sin causes spiritual death.

Everyone who accepts the free gift of grace.

I find it hard to try and separate the man-made teaching that developed from this allegorical, biblical statement. (death through Adam, life through Christ)

Obedience does not bring salvation. Grace does, and faith allows a person to accept the gift of grace. Galations 5:13 - The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Same answers as above about grace and obedience - but the Jews rejected Christ, through whom grace came. How could they accept a gift of someone they rejected?

Also, Paul also said that all Israel will be saved. Israel experienced a hardening until the full number of the Gentiles came in. That the jews are enemies on account of the Gentiles, but beloved on account of the patriarchs. (Romans 11:25, 28-29)

Not about obedience. All about grace and faith. (see above) And Jesus' death was about fulfilling prophecy, and also being obedient to His Father even to the point of torture and death.

Matthew 26:53-56 "Put your sword away... do you think I cannot call on my father and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled."

Jesus said so, since it kind of goes against, 'love your enemy/neighbor'; 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you', 'do not judge, lest you be judged'.

Going to post this before I lose it by accident, and then go on to the other questions.

Tammy

• spawn
    spawn

Sorry I can't do that as I Burnt my Bible when I quit the cult.

• tec
    tec

I don't think I can answer this from the bible. Can only speculate. Perhaps it was a gift to comfort those who followed and loved him. Also, people already had miracles and such before he was crucified, and they still refused to believe him. No reason to think it would be any different now; and in fact in his Lazarus parable, he did seem to warn that if people did not believe Abraham/Moses and the prophets, then they would not believe even if someone rose from the dead.

First, its not about physical death, but about spiritual life. John 11:25 - 26 "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die."

Second, and again, we have to accept this gift. (He who believes in me...)

I'm sure the bible says he was taken up into the heavens. But again, spiritual life is not the same as physical life. Also - was this a vision, or was he really there? Can be interpreted differently.

PSac answered this. People do not stop living because God is watching out for them. Besides, God is the one who warned Jospeh to flee to Egypt, to avoid Herod, and again warned Joseph in a dream against returning, instead withdrawing to Nazareth.

Seems to me that this stuff is only nonsense when it gets mixed up with our own man-made interpretations and adaptations.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit