The Wedding Talk-A Humiliation to Women

by WalkTall 25 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

They really talk about rendering the marital due?

I remember during my bible study I had said how I thought sexual pleasure - between a husband and a wife - was a gift from God. That he must have meant for us to experience pleasure.

Both women stared at me, completely silent, then gave me this look:

, followed by this: , and then ... at which point we changed the topic.

It was cute, because they didn't want to berate me or make me feel bad in any way, but I got the feeling that they were not in agreement with my observation. :)

Tammy

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

dgp: no, they didn't know about not marrying out, I was happy she found a nice brother from a nice witness family, now I just think about how much more complicated it is to try and extricate my family, what a web, what a cult, the more complicated the web, the harder to get out

as for rendering the due, man, I wish I could get my wife to render now and then

My wife is aware of my witness spiritual shipwreck (although I think she is ignoring it and hoping it sets sail again) - QUESTION - should I show her how loving I can be without the "truth" or try to show her how controlling I can be as a husband using the "truth" ... honey or vinegar, which one would make the point?

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

I've definitely heard wedding talks that included commentary on "rendering the marital due" *shudder*

Also, is it just me, or do the wife's vows include the word "obey" along with "respect"? I'm pretty sure that's in there. It always pissed me off big time. One of the few things I feel I did right while in the cult was NOT date any of the Witness guys I knew. As horny as I was, I just couldn't bring myself to be attracted to any of them. They were such insipid milquetoasts. And they thought they should be the ones to dominate me? Yeah, right!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I don't know brizzy, I've known some brothers I'd love to have dominate me ;>)

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

I'm all for bedroom domination, haha...though, not by JW "brothers". And if any man tries to dominate me in "real life", he'll get his teeth kicked in right quick

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    My "worldly" Catholic family came to my daughter's wedding at the KH and thought it was one of the nicest weddings they had ever been to.

Just a hunch: was this the first time they heard The JW Wedding Talk? They may have thought it was carefully planned out, personally prepared by the elder especially for the happy couple. They wouldn't know that every couple married in that hall gets the same one.

Hunch #2: They didn't think it was particularly wonderful, but were being nice and trying to not offend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit