Who calls the shots in the Watchtower?

by dgp 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• donuthole
    donuthole

Judah Schroeder

• undercover
    undercover

Do you not remember your (WT) scriptures?

The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower.
  • Terry
    Terry

This is the Governing Body creating new articles for the Watchtower

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

The HQ is based in the states and everything comes that point. They call the shots, as for who specifically, I would guess, as some have pointed out, that it's the lawyers that are calling the shots. At least on what gets rolled out to the org, but it still comes from the GB.

So GB makes the $#!@ up, then clears it through legal, then when approved gets the writing, teaching and service committees rolling. The rest is a trickle down effect from that point out to R&F.

• dgp
    dgp

A good question, whose answer I know very well, would be whether this power structure is open to virtually anyone. I'm afraid it's not. They already did away with the requirement of your being one of the anointed and having been born before a given date. They had to do this. Now I wonder if a young brother in, say, Thailand, can realistically think that at some point he could be in Brooklyn leading the others. I'm afraid that's not even thinkable as of today. This person would need to get over major hurdles, the very first one of which would be being perfectly fluent in English.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Well see heres the thing with that dgp.

WBTS is an american corporation. So to be on the board of directors i.e. "work" for the corporation, you would have to be a US citizen or be on a work visa. Which I would expect would be next to impossible to get for a so called "minister". Besides, they only promote ones that are in the "inner circle" not just some second class anointed from another country.

Okay, that last sentence was speculative, sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit