Moving On after being a JW

by man in black 18 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

None of my three grandchildren have ever been in a KH, or know anything about JW's, other than the fact that some family don't come around because they have strange beliefs.

They do all normal kids stuff, birthday parties, school events, plays, drama, band, slumber parties, sports, dances. It's all so new and exciting. (for me, it's a regular life to them)

lisa

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

i've always loved anything naturey and artsy, especially drawn to music and dance...i bellydance and loooove it!! The sacrilege of it all!!!

...first ever easter egg painting...happy birthday...wishing others happy this and that...marvelous yes

• IronHill
    IronHill

Me and my wife have affiliated with an organization to start volunteering, and to start putting together food and clothing drives. It's something that has interested us both for awhile, but to the witnesses always seemed like a waste of time.

Now we have the time, so we are doing it. Plus we've talked about volunteering at food shelters, and soup kitchens during the holidays.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Ooooo Shelby! Anything we can listen to? I'd love to hear you sing!

Coffee

• AGuest
    AGuest

I pretty much only sing live, CB (peace to you!). PM me your email, though, and I'll send you something next week or so...

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• matrixx
    matrixx

Regularly Visited a rehab facility for the disabled and infirm, all ages. The joy from this was amazing.

My family volunteered to feed people. Helped out at a Thanksgiving dinner and we served an elder and his wife. They did not say hi or thank you, possibly because they should not have been tere.

A very patient friend taught me how to use a computer and get on the internet.

Attended a Junior college. I dropped out of school because a worldly education was of no value. I was of the 1975 generation.

Graduated JC with honors and was elected commencement speaker.

Tutored college students in speech class ( Years of giving talks helped me become a very good speaker).

Attended a university. Stopped to start a coffee business that has expanded and is doing well.

I have been able to love my sons for who they are rather than for what the WTBS wanted them to be. In return we are very close.

All three of my sons have taken college classes.

I have helped many people in different ways that I would not of before, unless they would take magazines or a bible stuidy.

I have learned to be spiritual rather than religious.

DC

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest DC... ... and the greatest of love and peace to you, my dear brother! Good to see you posting!

Your servant (as you well know), sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

Shel

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thank you Shelby for sharing your beautiful talent with me! What a great way to start my day, listening to your beautiful voice!

Coffee

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ummm.... LOLOLOL! But thank YOU, dear Coffee, for your very kind compliment... and may JAH bless!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit