A New Column on Freeminds

by Lady Lee 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Randy and I have been discussing a daily column briefly focusing on recovery issues for ex-JWs. I am very pleased to announce our plans to work together on this endeavor.

Monday to Friday I will have a new column posted on the front page - (right side of the page and scroll down). http://www.freeminds.org/

Each day the column will then be transferred to a blog http://www.freeminds.org/support/dear-lee/ (link is at the bottom of the column)

The intro was made last Friday. Columns for the intro and Mon. and Tues. are already on the blog where you can make short comments or post questions you might like to have answered.

I hope you enjoy it.

Lee

edited to change blog link -- Lee

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Congratulations..

Good for You!..

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Looks good. Thank you for letting us know.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Lee has had so much training and experience over the years, how could I pass it up asking her to share some of her past and present questions?

We welcome you Lee!

Randy Watters

INTRODUCTION 5/7/2010

So you might be wondering what this is all about.

Simply put, it is about recovery.

There are some people who can walk away from the Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Watchtower Society and go on with their lives with few scars. They are the minority. Like any person who has been subjected to a long-term assault on their actions, feelings and thoughts people who leave the Jehovah’s Witnesses will most likely walk away with scars – issues that need to be dealt with after leaving a high control group – a cult.. I will briefly address these issues.

I was a Jehovah’s Witness for 22 years. I was married to a Jehovah’s Witness who eventually became an elder. After I left him and the religion I went to school (T.S.S - professional counseling degree from Dawson College and a BA in Applied Social Service Program from Concordia University) and became a counselor for abuse victims, first working with incest survivors and later with battered women. I also did some counseling with ex-cult members, and some ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses. I worked in the field of trauma counseling for 16 years before I retired so have a lot of experience to draw from both personally and professionally.

The issues that abuse survivors experience are the same issues that people who leave the Jehovah’s Witnesses, or any similar group, experience. Many suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, depression, feelings of abandonment, low self-esteem, difficulty in deciding how to live their lives without rules to dictate every thought, feeling and action.

Not everyone is the same even though that is how we were treated as Jehovah’s Witnesses. We are individuals. We each need to find our own path to recovery. I will provide pointers. Some of what I say may help. Feel free to ignore what doesn’t work for you.
    See you soon.
    Lee Marsh

• minimus
    minimus

I'm sure Lady Lee will be most helpful.

Congrats!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Very cool Randy..

Your site is looking good..

Lee is going to make a great addition..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Thank you Lee and Randy.

I chokes me up thinking how only a few short months ago I would have thought of you as wicked people.

Thank you so much for all that you do to help.

• peaches
    peaches

very thoughtful,,,,very insightful.....very wonderful of you both....peaches

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

What a valuable input ! You have my admiration...

Loz x

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

MY GOD!!!

Lady L is retired?!?!?!

On her videos she looks way too young.

Did she get married in 607 B.C.E? (If so I want secular, not "scriptual" proof!) Did she meet Nebuchadnezzar??

Seriously:

The new column is just the thing. This board was such an invisible-sky-fairy-send when I was having panic attacks and guilt and depression, but finding the stuff I needed took hours. I figure with a mass exodus about to start trickling out of the hole in the dam, this column will be easy to access, and help people more speedily.

Thanx again LL

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit