WT cautions against playing pac-man 1982 Awake

by EndofMysteries 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

I totally remember the Anti-Pac Man talks in the 80s. It was pretty funny.

Prostitution, homosexuality, theft, hobbies taking too much time so you can't do your personal study TM ....but I seem to remember something about the games making kids enter a trance-like state so demons could enter their brains....

ROFL

• agonus
    agonus

"the games making kids enter a trance-like state"

Apparently it's preferable to allow the meetings to put you in a trance-like state...

• sabastious
    sabastious

So.... much....fear mongering!

It reminds me of the exchange between Aragorn and Frodo in the Fellowship of the Ring:

Aragorn: Are you fightened?

Frodo: Yes...

Aragorn: Not nearly frightened enough... I know what hunts you.

-Sab

• dogon
    dogon

All those days trying to get to my second Key in Pman and I never once got to see or touch a hooker, I would have dropped one joy stick for another in a NY min.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The WT wants be the reason you are broke, angry and in a trance like state; they hate the competition.

P

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

New technology frightens those ancient ones in Brooklyn who do not understand it.

(I am mentalling a skit one could do on Saturday Night Live, perhaps - a younger person holding up a cell phone in front of them - like a cross - and an old codger from Brooklyn hissing at it through dentures... similar to vampires hissing at a cross)

I would not be surprised if they also had articles - way back when - that warned against getting telephones - or electricity.

Regards,

Jim TX

• BackRoomBilly
    BackRoomBilly

In the small town I lived in during the 80s, there was one arcade and it was owned by a JW family.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ah, the Degenatron! Great ad from Vice City.

Thanks for the laughs!

• millions now living are dead
    millions now living are dead

I agree that Pac-Man is a "gateway" video game.

Mil

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The marvelous invention has been misused by them till it has become a satanic snare to capture their mind, to keep their eye glued to a television screen, not allowing them time to see the sign of the second presence of Christ or to mentally discern the import of such sign and learn what they should do to successfully meet the crisis.

Yeah, like CNN, Fox and the others would never televise THAT spectacle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit