Need help with a question using WTBS publications only!

by justmom 12 Replies latest jw friends

• justmom
    justmom

Thank you Blondie....

for the WT quote. I was familiar but wanted something in writing. 1976 is the most recent then?

Thanks again

justmom

• blondie
    blondie

This is a quote from a publication, in writing. Do you need a scan or photocopy; I don't have that capability. Maybe someone else can provide a scan. Just remember justmom, that if there is nothing later said about it, the most current statement is the most current. I went through the WT-CD from 1950 to 2009 and this was it.

My memory matches OH, df'd people can be seated if they come and behave themselves like at any other meeting. They can partake like anyone else that comes, but the elders show personal discretion as to whether they are counted as anointed. I wasn't aware that they would not be counted in the attendance. The WTS counts sleeping babies as having attended. Got to keep the numbers up.

• DT
    DT

What about 1 Corinthians 5:11? "But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man."

Since JWs like to apply this to all disfellowshipped and disassociated ones, how could they possibly allow them to attend the Lord's evening meal? If one of them partook, wouldn't everyone else have to not partake in order to comply with that scripture?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit