Need help with a question using WTBS publications only!

by justmom 12 Replies latest jw friends

• justmom
    justmom

Hello.....

Anybody out there that can give me information from their own (WTBS) publications of their stand on disfellowshipped ones attending memorial or even partaking?

Thanks a bunch

justmom

• asilentone
    asilentone

I do not recall at all, I would be surprised to see any quotes like that. I doubt it.

• yknot
    yknot

Quick search on the WTCD confirms no such commentary.

The WTS welcomes everyone to attend the Memorial as they love to carry-on about how many attended (rumor is attendance is down this year)

As far as partaking.......they won't stop anyone from doing so (DFd, DAd, Worldly, Good-Standing)

That said partaking numbers are expected to rise to 11,000

In fact it really doesn't matter anymore......the 'anointed' are no better than some R&F...... only those 'anointed' who are 'responsible reprentatives' of the slave class have any importance or valuable say-so.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Df'ed ones are not invited to attend, but if they come, they are not refused to attend. They are not counted, and if they partake, they likewise are not counted.

I think it is the elders' book, although I am not quite sure.

• wobble
    wobble

I can understand, though not condone, their not counting DF'd ones.

But the amazing thing about the not counting business, is that the ones judging whether someone is worthy to be one of the Anointed are not anointed themselves !

HOW DO THEY KNOW? Who is and who is not.?

And what right do they have to judge ?

• blondie
    blondie

No need for elders manual.

*** w76 2/1 p. 76 "Keep Doing This in Remembrance of Me" ***Those counted as partakers are those known as faithful, baptized servants of God. We do not invite disfellowshiped persons to attend. But if such a one is present, there is no reason to be disturbed if he is seated in a row with others and proceeds to partake of the emblems. Such a one is not counted, in any case, as a partaker.

• asilentone
    asilentone

good find, Blondie!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Good find, Blondie" !!!!!!!!!!

What? All she did, was do acknowledge that my excellently working memory was 100 % correct! For my part, I do nothing but carry out an humble bow in front of the altar of my own amazing memory!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The question of the thread, Old Hippie, wasn't what you could remember, but what the WT publications say. Blondie provided a quote.

You didn't.

• Terry
    Terry

Old Hippie memories never die....they just......faaaaaade awaaaaaay.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit