Mothers' Day and JWs

by XJW4EVR 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Well, my mother gave me a childhood of being in the midst of a pedofile. And fear of that same man using his anger and frustration against me phyisically. Once I wouldn't go down the slide backwards into the pool and he yanked me off the slide, whipped me and made me spend the rest of the day in my room.

It was the first 30 minutes of my first ever swim party. I was devastated.

So thanks mom, for always making me feel bad for things I had no control over, for things I didn't do, for things done to my family, and said about us. Thanks for making me fear a fake god and a fake establishment of order called the "society" and for making me lose my childhood over it.

Thanks to MY children for loving me, making me cool necklaces and poems and things from the heart, and that you for seeing my value. Thanks also for my husband that sets that example for them, who never fails to tell me what an amazing mom I am for our children, and to tell me he loves me over and over, daily. And thanks too for the beautiful physical token of that love and affection and appreciation, my new diamond earrings...they are beyond gorgeous, and I'm awed.

This is whats important, sure I could have a mom myself for the next 40 years, but not at the price outlined above. Instead of thinking what I don't have in a mother, I'd rather focus on being the mother I wished I had, or have, and being that. Happy Mothers Day to me, to you mothers, and to those that have mothers that don't suck.

• Heaven
    Heaven

When my Mom was alive, I used to call her on Mother's Day. She knew why I was calling although I never came right out and said "Happy Mother's Day."

She loved the fact that I was calling her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit