How can my long faded brother avoid getting DF'd? Please help!

by african GB Member 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

My brother faded about 6 years ago. During that period he managed to avoid the Elders. He now has a child with his girlfriend.

Could they DF him in absentia for this?

(Ex- Elders) please advice on how I can help my brother stay faded and not DF'd.

• asilentone
    asilentone

as long as he does not attend the Memorial for 6 years, I would not think the elders would bother him.

• cantleave
    cantleave

As long as he doesn't associate with any members of the congregation and is not known in the community as a JW, he should be OK.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Yes, the advice so far is right on. He should stay away from them, and if he should happen to run into somebody from the Hall somewhere who knows him, he shouldn't say anything about his personal life. The elders don't seem to care about bothering people who aren't around as "stumbling blocks" for the spiritual zombies no matter what they're doing.

ProdigalSon

• Mary
    Mary
    as long as he does not attend the Memorial for 6 years, I would not think the elders would bother him.

Depends on where you live actually. I believe it was AK-Jeff who had been faded for over a decade and the local gestapo tracked him down and DF'd him last year....

• Interested Observer
    Interested Observer

I think it depends on the area. My brother just got dfd after being out and having no contact with the Witnesses whatsoever for 8 years. The reason he got DFd was because he got married in a church. He was not a member of the church at all and never attended. It was just that his fiance wanted to get married there. Anyways word got back to someone in our old congregation because a mutually faded friend of his had mentioned it to someone who then mentioned it to someone else who told a witness.

When my brother found out he got DFd he got so mad he wrote the Society a nasty letter demanding a public apology saying he got baptized at an an early age because he felt pressured to do so (age 13). He went on to say that he had not been associated with the Witnesses for 8 years and during that time no one had contacted him. The only time that he was contacted was when they were looking to DF him. He made some snide remark about how he could tell that this was a loving organization.

He knew he wasn't getting a public apology, and he really didn't think he would get a response, but he did. The response told him that he was mistaken. It said that no announcement was made that he was DFd, just that he no longer was a JW. Like that distinction mattered.

I think it is funny how the Society doesn't have the balls just to tell the truth in this instance. They play the semantics game as they always do.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Alright, serious advice. He can possibly avoid a DF by only having contact with the family members he is avoiding the DF for.
    He must stay away from JW socializing. If he visits JW family, it should not be at gatherings with non-family JW's.

He can marry his girlfriend if he thinks family is considering turning him in. Even short of that, refer to his girlfriend as his wife and if asked if they are married, say "Yes."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit