I guess I am cult leader now!

by Anti-Christ 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Local needs parts

Local needs last night was on alcohol. I guess no one noticed the 2 Scotches and 3 Guinesses I had before meeting.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    The gossip is not only sanctioned, it is encouraged and spurred on by "local needs" parts regarding how to treat "those who forsake the meetings and rebel against the elders." Local needs parts to encourage shunning and fear and hatred are all they can do if you haven't been caught committing a DFing offense.

I see your point. But this one in my opinion is a little over the top.. cult leader? I'm still racking my brain to see how they came up with that one. I know that I did talk to a lot of Dfed people and my dad is the only one (active) I expressed some of my thoughts to but he is in Florida and I'm In Quebec (Canada) I know he did talk to some of his friends in my old cong. Maybe it was the long hair the the big beard that did it, LOL!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I'm In Quebec

Jonquiere is nice this time of year.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Jonquiere is nice this time of year.

Yup, so you know Quebec? I was in Gaspé last week for work and we hit a snow storm in the mountains it was crazy, but that's an other topic.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Oh my goodness!! The SAME thing happened when people discovered we had doctorinal questions!!

They were spreading lies such as, we had started our own religion, and were printing literature!! It is called "poisoning the well". They deliberately spread lies about you to get others fearful of you so that no one will come near you! There is no way to defend yourself or to try and clear your name. In fact when we finally agreed to sit down with the elders I told them how hurt we were from all the lies that were being spread about us, including this one, and that we hoped they would give a talk on gossip and slander. They said they don't just give a talk for anyone that requests one. We told them we realized this, but this was effecting the whole circuit, and that certainly they could see a special needs talk would be in order..they said they would have to "think about it"!

As you guessed they didn't WANT to stop it!! THey even suggested I call everyone to try and clear my name. But they knew by then because they had "poisioned the well" no one would listen. So that's when we decided enough was enough, and sent out a letter to over 200 familes, explaining our questions and our findings. I figured that if they were going to gossip about us, they could gossip about the "truth"!

It is frusterating I know...people will want to believe what they want to believe! ANd no matter how clear the truth is and no matter how sincere you are..the lies and gossip are much more exciting to believe!

Hang in there!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• upnorth
    upnorth

Can I join your cult ?

My old one is falling apart

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Yup, so you know Quebec?

I have spent some time in the Saguenay area :)

Can I join your cult ?

My old one is falling apart

Sorry, this cult already has a token xenophobe.

• Mad Sweeney
  • Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Thanks lady liberty you are kind, but it does not really bother me it just shock me that they resort to gossip, how hard is it to just give me a call? I'm not Dfed. It's crazy when you see the real side of them, your experience is an example of how the elders really don't give a rats ass about the ones who left the fold, they actually said it was your responsibility to clear your name? Wow! nice shepherding. I guess I should not be surprised it's just sad..for them.

I actually thought of going to one of the meetings with a white robe and a bunch of friends all dressed the same and sit in the front row

• cantleave
    cantleave

I want to be a cult leader - and make lots of money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit