I don't owe ANYONE an explaination...

by babygirl30 26 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

jamiebowers

Same here! My dad's worldly family is APPALLED that he treats me like this...and they have spoken UP about it too. Each one of them has called me directly and expressed THEIR love and support no matter what - which i KNOW ticks my dad off, but I don't care. They will ask him why he shuns me (they were raised in the 'chuuch' - hahahah) and his response is always "You need to ask HER"! I mean, what kind of PUNK is he? If you can treat me so coldly and I'm your own child, then you ought to be man enough to be HONEST and tell people why you are?! Funny enough, all my xtd famiily makes it loud and clear that they NEVER liked JWs and always felt sorry for us kids being raised in the religion...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I too have heard words of support from my mom's "worldly" siblings. I live three hours from them, and my mom lives six miles or less from them, yet I know what's going on with them more than she does. It's sad.

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

You're right. You dont owe anyone an explaination.

But think about.......as already mentioned, JW are set up because there is no valid reason to leave the "truth". Therefore any explaination will be met by JW arguments. Therefore your explaination will be shot down. So ANY explaination will invalidated. So why give one?

Also, JW are set up in that any deviation from the "truth" is labeled in the following terms ... "leaving" "fell away" "drifted awy" "stumbled". All of these terms are used to shift the blame on the one who no longer wants to be a JW. They brand you with guilt. Not fair! Especially if you were forced out.

The problem is, there are no terms for that. Just make your own term. But dont expect JW to recognize them. They will be puzzled because they have been trained to only accept their terms.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I had a similar conversation with my mom yesterday. There is NO valid reason for exiting the cult, so therefore there is no such thing as an explanation for leaving. Anything you say is completely invalidated since this is the truth and any other thoughts are from Satan. So frustrating.

Robert7

You have summed up exactly what I wanted to say. There is nothing the JW religion can say to you that will make you be vindicated. Their goal is to bring you back at all cost but not you to win them over your side. They think you have the truth therefore, you will have nothig to offer them. What a waste of time.

• wobble
    wobble

It is totally a waste of time, and I have given up any hope of getting any of my family to even discuss things properly.

It gave me pleasure to say to my super-Dub sister the other day that she "........... should have the respect to acknowledge that other peoples view is at least as valid as hers, if not more valid, as she is not prepared to defend hers "

I don't think she will talk to me for a long time, I told her a lot of stuff that day that shook her smug belief that the WT is right.

Wobble.

• peaches
    peaches

you do not owe anyone an explaination...but on the other side....it depends greatly on who you are talking to...i have some mental disability,,,and sometimes people with mental disability do not always think and feel like "normal" people...their insight into things could be so different from what perception is on the outside....what is recieved as black and white in your mind,,,,could be a "rainbow" of color in theirs...

if you really know the person speaking with you,,asking questions..etc...ALWAYS...assume the best of them...her heart may be broken in ways that you could never concieve....17 year olds are capable of living alone...she is worse than you realize...

you handled it nicely,,,but just some of my added feelings for thought....i am sensitive in this area...why??? because people knew they were 'RIGHT" in their judgement....i was marked,,,shunned,,,reproved,,,,slandered...etc etc....i did not have the mental ability to correct the situation,,,and did not have the ability to endure the situation....the result....a hair line away from suicide....i was rescued by a worldily family member.....

thank god,,,there are people who are NOT jehovahs witnesses,,,,and have some real common sense....thanks for letting me ramble...peaches

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

What I especially hate is that dewy eyed pained look you get when you tell them you will never be back. I know what their thinking its I don't want you to be slaughtered at armageddon well thanks for the concern

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit