I don't owe ANYONE an explaination...

by babygirl30 26 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

...about WHY I do not want to come back (get reinstated), but I find myself DEFENDING my decision!

I say this because an old friend of mine sent me a text late last night, asking me if I'm 'back so we can talk'?! Let me give you a lil background story, this girl is developmentally challenged, 36yrs old, can't hold down a job, drive, nor live alone. She functions quite normally but her mentality is probably that of a 17yr old. Met her at my gram's cong years ago, befriended her, and have kept in touch as I got older. So, this girl really is a sweetie, but is in a family of BACKWARDS JWs...they are all really backwards.

Well - I responded to her that I decided NOT to return and am HAPPY with my life! She surprisingly started a conversation with me...she asked me WHY I don't want to come back? All I said was "I went through a lot 2yrs ago and needed support - not to be DF'd at my lowest. All of that made me realize that my relationship with Jehovah is btwn he and I, NOT a religion." Now this girl again has the mind of a 17yr old - so I didn't want to get TOO deep into it or mess with HER thinin (as she still lives with her parents). About 2hrs later, she texts me again, telling me that she misses me and wishes I had talked to her, and that she wished I had never 'gone away'. HAHAHAHA! I told her I didn't GO away - I was forced out and there IS a difference!!

Her final comment was: "ur words will help me examine myself 2 c where I am spiritually. thank u." Not sure what THAT means...but I HATE feeling like I owe a reason for not wanting to come back? Like I need to be responsible for everyone ELSES feelings about MY choice?! UGH!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I think she asked in real sincerity, babygirl.

She misses you.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

See, that's where you are wrong. You totally owe me an explanation....so lets have it.

J/K

• poppers
    poppers

Like I need to be responsible for everyone ELSES feelings about MY choice?! UGH!

Well said.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I had a similar conversation with my mom yesterday. There is NO valid reason for exiting the cult, so therefore there is no such thing as an explanation for leaving. Anything you say is completely invalidated since this is the truth and any other thoughts are from Satan. So frustrating.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

You have human rights to choice in your life Babygirl...and you're right you dont have to defend them ....x

Loz x

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I know what your saying, as I once heard I am tired of "lying" to make other people happy. The best way that I found for dealing with this kind of feeling is by realizing that I am not responsible for the feelings of others, everyone is responsible for their own feelings. The Jdub are the ones who set the rules this way not you, so they are the ones responsible and others are responsible for accepting the rules or not.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Her last words were JW code for I'm going to shun the hell outta you now!

You don't have to answer any questions about your decisions.

When I'm asked, I just change the subject.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You certainly don't "owe" anyone an explanation but you have an opportunity to plant some seeds, which you did well, IMO.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Heartbreaker My reason is...cause I WANT TO! LOL

poppers I honestly believe that (quote) though...JWs have this sick sense of responsibility to EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. No wonder they are all driven nuts!! They live for others, not taking into regard their own feelings.

Robert7 the frustration is CRAZY!! It's annoying to even try to talk about it to a JW...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit