Please join me in Celebrating...I'm no longer

by onemore 32 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

oh yeah.... I forgot about the new book...

oh well, at least you can have fun using it as a fire starter or sumthin...

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Sounds like you've gotten through a difficult situation and can move on....hope so...

Loz x

• nugget
    nugget

My husband has never been happier since his resignation. I do feel sorry for the elders it's a hard job, no training and everyone checking that you live up to the responsibility. Your life isn't your own now it is.

• onemore
    onemore

Lozhasleft: Once you learn the truth about the “truth”, it becomes a burden to support the Organization’s policies. At least now I don’t have the pressure to “be an example in field circus”, I don’t have to watch out for what I say from the platform, no extra meetings, I can miss the sales and indoctrination meetings without being reminded that I should always attend because I’m an “elder”, no more JC, no more politics, no more pressure to meet expectations.

I can now work on my “fade” or switch to a mix between a fader and a lowly “publisher”. I’m in the same position that many of you are in, with family and friends that are held hostage in the WT organization. So getting DA/DF’s are not my best options for now.

• dissed
    dissed

Congrats on joining the "I used to be an Elder Club"!!

You will be happier, you will have more time with your family, and you WILL live longer having a stress free life.

• Thor
    Thor

Awesome!

It must feel wonderful.

Good for you!

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

So, less "priviligis"? Must be heart breaking :-)

• Open mind
    Open mind

Good job. I gave up my elder hat a while back as well. The following has become a very sweet sound to my ears during the few meetings we still attend:

"There will be a BRIEF Elder's meeting following the program."

("Brief" Yeah right. HAHAHAHA.)

onemore:

I was just giving it time before making the announcement here.

Very shrewd. I always cringe a bit when someone who wants to fade posts here and says "X was announced at my meeting LAST NIGHT".

Oh and finally, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

om

• cantleave
    cantleave

Now the fade can begin. My advice - just stop going exit really quick.

• out4good3
    out4good3

You wouldn't have happened to have attended the latest Elder's School have you?

I heard that soon, they are going to be given locally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit