Is Jehovah Telling the Governing Body to Shut Down?

by metatron 50 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Is the Governing Body haunted by the thought that Jehovah is telling them No and Shut Down?

Rutherford is reported to have sought cash and rationed coal as a test of Jehovah's Will. Knorr reported on getting an unexpected windfall of cash when they sought to buy the Towers Hotel.

But from where I sit, Jehovah seems to have become very ungenerous towards these would-be Theocrats, in recent years.

They dumped subscriptions.

They cut literature.

They went to paperbacks.

They cut magazines, by my count, for the third time.

They laid off Bethelites.

They sold off Brooklyn buildings.

They sold off printing/binding equipment.

So, now their latest 'litmus test' of Jehovah's Will is to simply dump the magazines in one lump and tell people to only take what they need. Gee, I wonder how that will work out? How did the whole Jimmy Swaggart/ Sales Tax/ Voluntary Donation thing turn out?

I am forced to think that the Governing Body must be haunted by the thought that Jehovah is telling them to Shut Down, step by step. I suppose a more optimistic view would be that "the End is so close' that the preaching work is accomplished, finished.

Perhaps we can sleep a bit better at night knowing that this sad, sick cult is suffering 'the death of a thousand cuts' while Governing Body members toss and turn without rest, wondering why Jehovah has closed his Celestial Wallet. At this point, their modern-day Mount Carmel tests of Divine Approval seem to have gone rather poorly.

metatron

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

My mother is all excited because "the preaching work is winding down." (sigh)

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Oh I'm sure they'll turn it around to say, "See! We HAVE preached throughout the whole earth! Look at all the surplus magazines that no one wants anymore."

Of course we see it as, yep, internet killed the watchtower star.

• dissed
    dissed

For a group that has boasted they use the latest forms of media to spread the word, you would think they would use the greatest source of information, the Web, to "Advertise! Advertise! Advertise! The King and his Kingdom! But nooo. They are curling up in a corner and hiding from the world.

By the way, the Web is a cheap, cheap, cheap way to reach all of mankind with a message. So why are they are not using it to its fullest? Because they can't make money from it like they do the mgs and books?

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, I don't see how being forced to implement cost-cutting move after cost-cutting move is a sign of "Jehovah's blessing".

"Companies [including printing corporations masquerading as religions] don't shrink to greatness".

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

it's just a publishing company, and you guys can throw me all those "it's non-profit" bullshit all you want. my theory is, and I will sticvk to it: there's somebody other than the gubberning body is making some money, and their cut's getting smaller............ therefore they gotta cut costs

• Hadit
    Hadit

Soldier77 - Good one - internetkilled the watchtower star - I will have that song in my head for days. Yay internet

Ironic how they say that Satan blesses the world with wealth yet it's God that has been blessing them. Hmmm.

I'm not sure they are cutting back due to finances - they seem to be regrouping and gearing up for something. They are really pushing the bit about being loyal to them and not to question their direction EVEN IF we don't agree or don't understand or if they've been wrong. Creepy.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Hadit - ... pushing the bit about being loyal ... not to question their direction EVEN IF we don't agree or don't understand ...

I have to admint, these things make me worry too, what wouldn't the majority of JW's go along with.

I wonder though if it was more about getting people ready for another generation change ... and a possible change in a separation of annointed and faithful slave ... and other such understandings.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

isn't great to realize that this good news would be completed in this 20th century

• metatron
    metatron

The Governing Body has no vision. They are clueless and desperately preaching hyperloyalty to a cult membership that is unwilling to donate the cash they need.

There have been reports in years past that GB members are so challenged that they can't "keep up" with reading the magazines! This hit me like a ton of bricks. How can anyone take more than a couple minutes to scan thru this superficial junk, that's written for a "Dick and Jane at the Seashore" reading level?

Did they declare a moratorium on Kingdom Hall loans? What does that that tell you? In the conversion to paperbacks, they precisely calculated how much they would save.

As for the rest of their Brooklyn real estate, I'm not sure what they can do with all of it. Nobody needs factory space anymore and I think that the gay community in the Heights can't afford to convert all of it to apartments, in this economy.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit