How dangers is field service really, has anyone ever heard of someone being hurt or killed while doing some form of witnessing

by life is to short 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I was personally threatened with a shotgun and another time with a knife while in the field ministry.

• life is to short
  • anewme
    anewme

In the late 70s our hall underwent reconstruction so all were encouraged to give their time to the construction work.

I was in my early 20s and the lone pioneer. (The other pioneer sister had a nervous breakdown and left the ranks right after convincing me to join and be her partner!)

I was new to the JWs and young and shy and so inviting people to join me in lonely pioneer work instead of participating in the popular and fun and VISIBLE WORK of the daily construction was hard to do.

I too had to work by myself to get my time in. I did not last the summer.

I was very aware of dangerous situations and avoided all of those. I never went into a house and made my presentations very light and cheery.

What took me by surprise was an old man who spoke to me through his open screen saying he couldnt hear me and couldnt get up and would I come in.

I entered thinking "What was the harm?" and intended to merely offer grandpa the tract and wish him good day.

Yuck is all I am going say about what happened next. You cant even trust old grandfather types.

On Monday I went to the overseers home and told him I was quitting pioneering.

I never tried pioneering again and refused any part on the meetings to share my pioneering experiences (which made quite a few elders mad that I would not cooperate with them for their meeting parts)

Looking back at it all I can see that witnesses all have different experiences. The ones who trust they are IN THE TRUTH AND BEING CARED FOR COMPLETELY BY GOD AND THE ELDERS and who sacrifice all for Jehovah suffer the hardest fall to reality. The others, who go to college despite warnings and who purchase a house and have children, and have careers, and only go out the token show two hours on the weekend, and speak to their dfd relatives, these people seem to do alright and spend years in the religion without the crash and burn that others suffer.

I cant recommend pioneering...unless you are retired and pensioned and have a burning desire to see close up the yards and front doors of others.

Anewme

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thank you anewme

You have it right when you say that those who trusted in Jehovah have had the hardest fall. I was stupid enough to keep trying if only I could turn back the hands of time.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit