How dangers is field service really, has anyone ever heard of someone being hurt or killed while doing some form of witnessing

by life is to short 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• awildflower
    awildflower

I remember hearing the account about the pioneer who did 200 hours per month to make up the time for the JW he killed.

Omg, now that is a life sentence

• blondie
    blondie

I had a gun pulled on me twice, had dogs and geese sicced on me. The one many would have pulled a gun on anyone that came to his door...it wasn't a jw thing.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I have just heard today that a jw was shot by a stray bullet. Here is the place I got it. Just copied it from christianwitnesses.com

JW TEEN SHOT DEAD!

An 18 year old Jehovah’s Witness was shot in the back at Baton Rouge, Louisiana, after leaving a prayer group about 3 PM according to police spokesman Sgt. Don Kelly. Lenford Morris later died at a hospital. His father, William Johnson, confirmed that Lenford and his mother had been doing field ministry as Jehovah’s Witnesses when he was struck by the stray bullet. He added that his son knew the dangers of the neighborhood but “God calls you to spread the good news everywhere.” Lenford Morris also leaves behind two sisters ages 14 and 7. (2 pages online starting at http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/92934999.html)

• flipper
    flipper

I was threatened once to get off someone's property or they'd get their shotgun and blow me away ! I took the threat seriously. It was in a remote mountain rural territory where people don't want JW's or ANYBODY walking on their turf.

I was also gored in my bookbag by a goat ( a real goat ! ) He wouldn'tstop chewing on my magazines so I tried shooing him away. Big mistake. He turned away then reared back and tore a 6 inch hole in my bookbag ! I was holding my bookbag in front of my groin area - it might have disabled me from fathering children had the bookbag not been there ! LOL !

Also- At my very 1st door at 7 years old- a Penecostal ladt started speaking in tongues yelling at me at her door ! I dropped my books and RAN to the car ! I should have known then this JW cult was going to be trouble. Oh well- finally got out and that's a good thing

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"...I dropped my books and RAN to the car..."

But the important thing that everyone wants to know is...

Did you count the books as placements?

<grin>

Jim TX

• asilentone
    asilentone

When I was a little boy like I was 7 or 8 years old, a doberman took my pants down little bit, but I was not badly injured at all, I got some very minor scrapes. My Dad took me out of the way then the owner of the dog told the dog to chill out.

• tiki
    tiki

Aside from dog bites I never knew of anyone who was physically harmed in FS...but the bulk of my time wasted in that futile pursuit was mainly in the 70's and dog leash laws weren't as common back then. Also the drug infested areas hadnt yet really cropped up.

I have, however had the inestimable priviledge a few times of having a door answered by an uninhibited individual wearing nothing but a grin.

Could have been psychologically damaging to some, I suppose...

• looloo
    looloo

my husband was a pioneer age 16 to 17 and reg called on a man in his sixtys with his dad to give the magazines , after my hub got disfellowshipped aged 17 , he saw this man while passing his house one day and the man gave him 20 pounds after pasing the time of day with him , nxt time he saw him he tried to get him in his house with an offer of showing him mags with "mucky women " in them ,! i latEr found out that this man was an ex sex offender , and often had young boys round his house ! my hub was so naive having grown up in the cult he hadnt realised he was being "groomed"

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

When I was little, around three, I remember a German Shepard tried to

attack us. My mother picked me up just as the owner intervened. Thank Jah.

Also, last night, while at my parents' house, my mother was like, "poor Sister

So-and-so. She was bitten really bad by a CAT while in service and had to go

to the doctor." Hmmm...killer cat?

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I had a drugged-out looking guy come out of his house holding a large kitchen knife.

I leapt in front of my kid, ready to either attack him or be stabbed.

He ended walking right by us, got on his bike with his knife and rode down the street.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit