Malawi Congress Party cards

by Marvin Shilmer 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Now that everyone is worked into a frenzy, what do I get for scanning and posting?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

My last post is unfair. I should be ashamed!

Right now the part of my library that has these cards is halfway around the planet from me. I hate to have anyone rambling through my things, especially one of my personal libraries, but I will see what I can do to have someone collect one of these things for scanning and then make it available.

Marvin Shilmer

• designs
    designs

What I know about the Society backing us during the Vietnam War as I went to prison was a Letter from Mother Org. telling me I was on my own.

Adios

• Marvin Shilmer
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

A BIG THANKYOU FROM ME!

incredible that this piece of paper held the power of life and death. I had a read through the translated wordings and i didn't see anything that the WBTS hasn't done themselves when it comes to sucking up to governments or to hold on to real estate.

thankyou again Marvin. now off to look through your blog....

oz

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"unity, discipline, loyalty to the party ..........."

I beg to differ - now that I have seen the text of the card, I for the first time feel 100% it was correct to refuse buying and using it. This is no mere identification card, it is a card emphasising the discipline and loyalty one was to show to the dictator Banda and his party.

TOH

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

TOH,

How is having a blank [did I mention BLANK] document of any consequence?

Did I mentin the cards were BLANK? Oh. Looking back I see I did mention the cards were distributed BLANK and left for the individual to fill in if they wished, OR NOT.

Marvin Shilmer

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I beg to differ - now that I have seen the text of the card, I for the first time feel 100% it was correct to refuse buying and using it. This is no mere identification card, it is a card emphasising the discipline and loyalty one was to show to the dictator Banda and his party.

Was it worth losing your life over?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

TOH, maybe so,

BUT the issue for most ex JWs is not what the card represented but that at the same time as witnesses were dying over this, the WTBS was supporting the bribing of mexican officials in relation to military service.

The fact is that even after bribing etc etc, it made the recipient of the mexican paperwork A MEMBER OF THE ARMY RESERVES. If that is not unity, discipline and loyalty to a political regime, then nothing is.

Hairs can be split all day on the finer points of the types of rulerships, definitions of terms, force or voluntatry actions but as far as i am concerned the WBTS was wrong.

Either the rule applied to both countries or neither. The WBTS only motivation was to keep its property holdings in mexico. Malawi obviously had nothing to protect.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit