Will my grief ever end?...

by Lozhasleft 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• peaches
    peaches

oh god,,,,how awful!!! ((((((((((((((((((((((( lozhasleft )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) no words of wisdom....you are not alone if that helps any....not much of a condolences though....i am sending you strenth....with lots of understanding and hugs for wings...and clouds of hope for a base....try hard to feel better by doing some thing real special for yourself....easier said than done i know...i will start it by sending you a beer!! guaranteed,,,if you drink enough of them,,,,you get numb.... and.........ok,,,i think you got it.....peaches

• Scarred for life
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Let me see if I understand you correctly, Loz...

Your daughter won't speak to YOU, but she's becoming friends with your current husband's non-Jehovah's Witness family??????

That is COLD of her!!! But, as JWoods said, since she's becoming so palsy-walsy with "worldly" people, hopefully they'll pull her out - or at least help influence her to research the religion thoroughly...

I think she is still very controlled by the cult, and still mind-controlled to obey the cult and stay away from a disfellowshipped/disassociated person... But maybe she's staying in touch with the hubby's "worldly" family to keep distant track/contact with you....

Here's hoping!!

Zid smiley angel devil

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I am so sorry your going through this. She knows you love her...hang in there..never give up hope.

Sincerly,

Lady Liberty

• Hadit
    Hadit

I'm so sorry - my heart goes out to you! This is an AWFUL organization for deliberately splitting up families. It's disgusting. I'm in a similar situation. I have a teen son who is being manipulated by his father as well as congregational friends. His father has taken him regularly to all the meetings since I've divulged how I feel and yet we have not been all that regular especially the last two years. I spoke with my son and I asked him if he would shun me should I be disfellowshipped, his answer "I will do what I have to do." I asked him if that is a loving thing to do and he said "It is loving if it shows the person they are wrong and they turn around." I was devastated! Until then I had not realized how indoctrinated he already was. All this needless pain makes me sick. I then told my son that I want him to know that no one on the face of this earth can cause me to shun him or to stop loving him - no matter what he does I will love him unconditionally. He is my son and I will do what I need to do to protect him and if that means standing up for what I believe is right then that is what I will do.

Your daughter is close to the same age as my son and unfortunately this age is a difficult age to begin with, as they are battling hormones and identity issues. Then this awful religion gets in the mix. I am hoping that time and a bit of maturity will bring them around. Right now my only answer is to give him unconditional love and I hope that will prevail over everything else.

We need to keep loving them and showing them our love no matter how difficult or heartbreaking it is for us to watch them pull away. Hopefully, they will find their way back to our open arms.

Big hugs to you and my sincerest hopes for the best for you and your family.

Hadit

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I appreciate the hugs folks and the beers!! I feel a little better today...some days it just overwhelms me...and the nightmares are terrible....I am kind of hoping that she's in touch with the family to keep open the links yea...I suppose time will tell wont it? Its so good to be able to share this stuff with people who can understand ...hugs all round....xx

Loz x

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hang in there Loz!

She’ll come round eventually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit