Are you 2% or 98%. Amazing the way our minds work!

by AK - Jeff 37 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Knowing it was a test to narrow me down to some typical or anti-typical person, I was able to think fast enough to come up with an Iguana in Djibouti with an apple.

But I had to pause long enough to say, "What countries start with D?" If I had said "Dominican Republic" I could have gotten a chicken with a nectarine.
    Multiplying by 9 makes the digits add up to 9 so you get to "D" no matter what number you start with. Knowing that put me totally on guard and starting to think of unusual answers.

(Edited to add: I knew this "9" trick without reading the thread. I remember it was a way to know if some large number were divisible by 9.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How about an ibex eating a xigua in Djibouti?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I wonder how much of the 2% are those who couldn't add and messed up the first step.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

i got a koala in dominican republic eating an apple.

But yeah, it's a math trick that gets you to the number 4 which gets you to D, and then after that, their just isn't that many countries that start with a D.

It's a cool trick

• White Dove
    White Dove

I got "eggplant." That's a fruit, isn't it?

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

i got the same as jadeen!! dominican republic, cat, tangerine! :P

yay i'm 2% smarter! er...wait...LOL j/k :P

• White Dove
    White Dove

Damascus (town, not country...duh)

Snake

Eggplant

WRONG!

• White Dove
    White Dove

There are few choices, really, but to pick mostly the ones they say you'd be most likely to pick.

I chose the second time around:

D

Dalmatia

Anteater

R.......??? Umm...radish?

The most common things are chosen the most. Could have been: Dalmatia, Ardvark, Kiwi.

• jeanV
    jeanV

a koala in Denmark eating an apple ;)

• millions now living are dead
    millions now living are dead

Alligator in Bosnia eating Raspberries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit