New kitten has a tumor? WTF!

by SnakesInTheTower 15 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

So yesterday my fiancee and I get home, its our only day off together minus the nine year old terror boy....just kidding...

...She and I are in the kitchen....and we are about to head for a nice soaking bubble bath together and a couple of hours of alone time.... when one of us picks up the new kitten....and on her ass something looks kinda funny ....on her hind end there was this dark red, berry looking thing...what is it? Is that a tumor? What the F*ck? I know that wasn't there yesterday. No, maybe the cats got into it while were gone for a couple of hours....resident cat swipes at the kitten (whose name is Adventure) and this is a blood blister and/or infection.

I tug gently, much to the kitten's dismay as she began to whine.... we could not see where it was attaching itself to her...maybe its not...sure looks like it..and the kitty seems to be in pain every time we tug.... Toni went to get some scissors (not that I think this is a good idea if it is indeed a tumor or blister).

Meanwhile I am looking at it closer...not really wanting to touch this pulsating thing...and the kitten is struggling.. Finally, I swallow my revulsion welling up in my throat....I was already negotiating with Toni the vet's bill for tumor removal...figuring out how to guilt her mom into paying for the surgery.... and I roll this thing in between my fingers. Kitty is not liking this at all. I persist...and finally I realize, with great relief, that there is hair stuck to this red berry thing....and not skin.

I remove the berry thing...damn if it isn't a red juju bee candy that apparently the kitten had laid upon under the nine year old's bed. That place is a wasteland or a landfill, not sure which.

With much relief we laughed...but by then the "mood" had passed...there would be no play time for us that afternoon. We took a quick shower and realized that it was getting time to pick up the nine year old. Sh*t. We would have to try again another day for some alone time. Not today it seems either, because apparently she is working over today..... Maybe tonight.

Meanwhile.... kitten and resident cat are, if not getting along, also not killing each other.

Snakes (Rich )

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh lord! That's gross and hilarious. Glad it had such a happy ending, haha! (well, for the kitty anyway... not for the "alone-time" part.)

• snowbird
    snowbird

The New Yorker awaits you!

Sylvia

• peaches
    peaches

first thought...oh god,,,how awful .......second thought.....oh god....how funny!!!

• shamus100
  • 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

What flavour was the juju bee? Was it still fresh? Hope you didn't waste it

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

sb:

The New Yorker awaits you!

Unlikely but thank you...kitten is in the window right now...not even sitting on Max's (resident cat) cat perch...just on the closed window sill looking out at the world.

by:

That's gross and hilarious

it was just plain weird.... and yeah..happy ending.

5G:

What flavour was the juju bee? Was it still fresh? Hope you didn't waste it

I didnt taste it, are you kidding? it was blood red.....no it wasnt fresh, though it was still soft (ugh)...and it went right into the wastebasket....though it stuck to my finger after the first flick. (blech)

Snakes (Rich )

• shamus100
    shamus100

The werewolves are calling you, love.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Reading the subject line I felt so sad for the cat. Glad it was not a tumor.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

shooter...sorry about that...we were horrified at first...we really did think it was something serious.... not a freaking piece of candy...lol

I put the question mark in there because we didnt know... and it does get your attention...heh heh..

and yeah...kitty is fine and honery (sp?)

Snakes (Rich )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit